Chapter Two

“John and Paul gave a remarkably convincing portrayal of two men, traveling down a very long road with no regard for the consequences.”

  “They fell in love, didn’t they?” the male patient asked. He was actually starting to become interested in the story for once.

  “Yes they did,” I smiled back.

  “Good. I kind of like this story. Go on.”

———————————————————————

  After that strange night after the movies, John and Paul spent every waking hour together. And soon they were inseparable. To their friends, they were just two incredibly close men who were forming into best friends. But to each other, they were the loves of each other’s lives.

  It was late at night, and John sat out on his porch, his Aunt Mimi by his side. He rocked on the porch swing, reading the lyrics he had whipped up the previous night in tune to his guitar.

   “Sounds of laughter, shades of love are ringing through my opened ears, inciting and inviting me. Limitless undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, and calls me on and on across the universe.”

“That was beautiful, John,” she smiled in response.

  John smiled back, gazing out at his front lawn. Although it was dark, he could make out a figure approaching the porch. That figure soon revealed itself to be Paul, walking up the front steps of the porch and smiling. In his hand was a single sheet of paper. 

  “Auntie Mimi, this is Paul McCartney.”

  “Nice to meet you, Paul,” she replied, extending her hand and shaking Paul’s.

  “Pleased to meet you, Mimi.”

  “Come in, have a seat.”

  “Oh, thank you.” Paul walked up onto the porch and sat down next to John on the porch swing.

  “You know, John’s told me a lot about you.”

  “Oh, really?” Paul raised an eyebrow and smirked. “What did he say?”

  “He says you’re a talented writer, and a fantastic lyricist. Says you’re a wonderful lad as well.”

  Paul turned to John and smiled, his fingers subtly grazing over John’s.

  “What’s that?” John asked, looking at the piece of paper still in Paul’s grip.

  “I drew a picture.”

  “You drew this?” Mimi asked, looking at the picture Paul had drawn. It was a flower, growing out and expanding into a sunset. “This is wonderful.”

  “Thank you.”

  “That’s a lovely picture. I know where we can put this.” Mimi opened the door to go inside, but she paused in her tracks and turned to John and Paul. “Paul, dear, would you like something to eat? Drink?”

  “It’s pretty late, I don’t want to bother you.”

  “No, it’s of no bother to me. John usually makes me make him pancakes this time of night anyway.”

  “Pancakes? That’s a breakfast food.”

  “You can have breakfast at any time you want.”

  Paul smiled, following Mimi and John into the house. “Sure.” He sat down at the table across from John, smiling as he stared into his lover’s eyes. “That was some lovely poetry you were reading outside. Who was it?”