𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

It didn't take long for you to get ready since you had done your hair beforehand and hadn't bothered with makeup. All you had to do was zip your dress and slide on heels that made you five inches taller. You took off the heels before walking down the stairs. Maki and Choso stood at the bottom, in the same position you left but they were now talking to each other normally.

At the bottom of the stairs, you once again put the heels on and meet Choso's eyes before Maki's. "Are you coming with?" you question since all you really needed him for was getting Maki to you, you didn't think he would be interested in what would happen after.

But he gives a nod, "Maki tends to get sloppy when she's drunk." he says dully and opens the door for you and Maki to exit out of the house first.

Walking on the gravel to Maki's car she snorts a laugh and tosses Choso her purse which he catches effortlessly, "Very true which means you have to watch that, make sure I'm not getting robbed like that one time in Cabo." she points.

What the hell happened in Cabo?

"Robbed?" you questioned while getting into the front seat of her black Porsche parked and running.

She sighed and said, "Long story." then pressed on the pedal with a heavy foot, making the wheels squeal loudly before zooming off the property and onto the street. You held on tight as Choso yelled for Maki to slow down. "Calm down and buckle up." she passes a yellow light and switches lanes to merge onto the highway, and you grip tighter to the handle.

In twenty-five minutes Maki pulls into the valet line for a club that had people waiting outside and along the side of the building. Part of you hoped that wasn't where you would wait since the heels were now the worst choice.

When Maki hands off her keys, she hooks an arm around your shoulder and guides you to the bouncer out front with Choso following behind. "Beau," Maki says, smiling knowingly at the broody man who wore all black and blacked-out shades when the sun was hours gone. He only gives her a nod and opens the red rope safety barrier to let you three pass. Your eyes take in your surroundings fully, people are everywhere drinking, dancing, and having a good time. You let Maki lead you to the bar as you continued to look around like an alien from another planet.

"Four shots and one beer for the man." Maki orders and points to Choso so the bartender knows who the beer is for. You turn to look at Maki who smiles widely when meeting your eyes, "Shots will get you there quick and then we can dance like no one's watching!" she grabs your hand just as the bartender drops the four very large shots down. You had only drank on special occasions, with your parent's permission and it was always just champagne or wine. You also had snuck a couple of beers in one summer on a cruise but you hated the taste.

This liquid was clear and when bringing it to your mouth, you get a whiff of the alcohol stench that makes a shudder go through you. "Don't think, do," Maki says when seeing you stare at the glass with unsure eyes. She then takes her first shot with no problem and quickly grabs the lime to bite into as her eyes squeeze shut in displeasure. Then, she takes her second one once again with no problem.

"Do," you repeat and take the shot. Thankfully the liquid slides down your throat and all you had to do was keep it down. Maki hands you a lime and you welcome the butter taste. You set down the empty shot glass and reach for the second one, at the same time, Choso grips your wrist. His hand was hot and you attempted to pull away but he held on tight.

"You don't have to take it y/n, Maki can take it." he offers and you look at him, then your eyes go back to the hand that's on you and watch the thumb that's rubbing the inside of your wrist. He releases it when he notices it as well. Maki coughs and waves to the bartender for another shot.