-16

3rd person POV:

Grug is startled by another earthquake. The ground is ripping itself apart as meteors begin to fall around him. Grug dodges falling debris and lighting and manages to crawl into a nearby cave a familiar place for him.

Grug grabs two pieces of flint and starts clicking them together, just as Guy did earlier. They ignite. Grug has created his very first fire.

Grug: hey, I did it I-!

Grug says pleased with himself another earthquake shakes the cavern. Grug moves over to a wall and uses some nearby mud to paint a portrait of his family. He paints each member individually and then looks longingly at the family he will never see again. The torch begins to go out. Grug blows on it and is startled by the massive tiger beast, growling at him.

Grug: ahhh! Back! Stay back! Stay back!

Grug screams frightened and the tiger blows out the torch. Another meteor hits the cave with a loud

BOOM!!

The tiger stops growling and starts blowing on the torch along with Grug. It is just as frightened as Grug. Grug reaches out and pets the now gentle carnivorous beast. When suddenly, Grug hears the dim tone of Eep's shell signal He rushes to the entrance to the cave. He surveys the raging cataclysm outside the cave as the world is being torn asunder. He hears the shell alarm blow two more times. His family is in trouble.

Grug: their in trouble... Hang on..! I'm coming!

Grug yells, determined to save his family. And Guy.

The scale of his problem sinks in.

Grug: how do I get across-..? Gotta think. What would Guy do? What would Guy do!?"

Something occurs to Grug

Grug: what would I do..?"

He absent-mindedly hands the torch to the tiger.

Grug: hold this...

Grug tells the cat handing him the torch. Grug closes his eyes, and concentrates. The ember of a thought flickers to life in Grug's brain.

Grug: I. have-.. an... IDEA!

Grug explains.

Chunky: erm..?

The cat questions Grug uses a log to wipe tar all over a giant rib cage. Grug runs out of the cave and into a nearby field and startles a pack of nesting piranha owls. He turns back to the Macawnivore. The meat-eating birds begin to chase Grug.

Grug: run!!

Grug tells his furry friends.

Grug leaps onto the Macawnivore's back as the birds move in closer. The ground begins to break up violently as lakes empty themselves and entire forests turn sideways. The Macawnivore rushes into a giant rib cage that Grug has coated with tar. The Piranha Owls hit the rib cage and stick to it. As they fight to free themselves, the rib cage lifts off the ground. Grug takes a giant tree branch, ignites it, and uses it as a rudder, scaring the Piranha Owls and prompting them to fly in one coherent direction.

Grug: yes!

Grug cheers as the cage flies, above the fiery landscape, Grug sees Douglas, sitting forlornly with the shell still in his mouth.

Grug: douglas-?

Grug questions the dog like beast

Grug: hey I know that guy!

Grug doesn't even debate it, he runs back for the little monstrosity Grug jumps out of the cage and rushes over to grab the gerbils. Then Grug notices a familiar Liyote hiding under a nearby rock. He grabs the Liyote. Grug sees the trip-gerbils stranded as well. Grug twirls the Trip-Gerbils around his neck like a scarf.