-10

Kerrigans POV:

Everyone is now wearing "shoes" some made of leaves, sponges and some are actual fish Ugga and Gran wobble on their new shoes. Thunk is covering his eyes, too afraid to look down. Thunk looks down at his horrifying fish shoes. The rest of us blink at him.

Thunk: ahhhh-! Good fish... Good fish..!

Thunk says as he's leaning on a wall behind him, peaking at his feat every so often I am covering my eyes.

Guy: ok now you can look...

Guy guides my hands away from my face and I peer down at my new boots.

Me: eeehh-! I love them! Where are my feet!?

I squeal in excitement.

Guy: they're still there..!

Guy laughs reassuring me.

Me: oh, okay...

I look at him smiling. I try and walk only to slip, and fall into Guy's arms.

Guy: whoa. You're really-.. Light lion cub..!

Guy laughs looking down at me with a breathtaking smile.

Me: really? I-Is that a good thing..?

I ask letting out a breathy laugh from embarrassment as my cheeks heat up Grug walks over as we fall to the ground.

Grug: hey, wait. Whoa. Whoa. Woah. WHOA!!

Grug shouts out annoyed that Guy is close to me.

Guy: ok..! She's up. I'm good! We're good...

Guy laughs as he sweats nervously.

Gran: these shoes are great! Where do you get these ideas?!

Gran shouts.

Guy: ah-hah..!

Guy says getting excited on cue, Belt produces a piece of chalk. Guy stands Thunk against a wall. Guy stands next to him. Belt outlines them. Guy excitedly gestures to the silhouettes.

Guy: I'm calling it, a brain... I'm pretty sure it's where ideas come from..!

Guy says proudly, winking at me as we make eye contact.

Thunk: dad-! I don't have a brain...

Thunk says worried.

Grug: we've gotten along just fine without brains till now. Cavemen don't need brains. We have these. Heeya! Haha!

Grug balls his fists

Grug: that's what I'm talking about! Ideas are for weaklings..!

Grug punches at the air in front of Guy making him wince

Guy: now, let's get to that mountain!

I watch as Ugga and Eep notice each other's shoes.

Eep and Ugga: oh wow... I love those..!

They say to each other then laugh.

Thunk: good fish. Don't eat my feet!

Thunk tries to coax.

We run, slowly at first, then faster. And faster. The shoes make the difference I watch as Grug encounters a bunch of Punch Monkeys again. He readies himself for a fight. Guy hands out bananas. Grug throws his banana to the ground only to slip on it Grug sees the Macawnivore down below in the crevasse waiting for his Croods dinner. Grug sees Guy making something out of sticks. Traveling by stilts over a crevasse. The rest of the family hobbles across a canyon on their stilts. Guy helps me from falling.

Me: so-! How'd the lion fly?

I ask turning tools at the young boy next to me.

Guy: she jumped on the sun and rode it to tomorrow

Guy chuckles as he turns to face me, a soft sweetness in his eyes as we look at each other. But Grug doesn't seem to like seeing me so close to Guy

Grug: no, no, no-..!

Grug cries out looking a the two of us. My family moves across, Grug is the last to follow Grug spots Chunky below him. I watch as Grug whacks Chunky in the face with a stilt. Chunky ponders the strange sticks Grug is perched on, then whacks a chunk out of them. Grug drops down by a yard or so. Panicking, Grug races across the chasm, losing stilt height with every swipe of Chunky's paw. Grug doesn't make it across - snarling and biting sounds emanate from the canyon.

Grug: ooowwww!

Grug wails the Croods stand at the top of a cliff. Grug tries to maneuver his way down the cliff by clinging to the side. Guy and the other Croods sit on a giant leaves, sledding down the side of the canyon past Grug. They pass Grug up as he continues to make his way down by tiptoeing. Grug stumbles and falls down the slope.

Thunk: hi dad!! Bye dad..!

Thunk calls as he passes by him

Boom!!!

A flash pops against the Croods. Swing the camera around to reveal A huge storm hanging like a purple curtain before them. The Croods stop dead. The rain line bears down on them. Grug tries to punch the drops.

Guy: you've seen rain before-.. right?

Guy asks as he turns to me.

Me: we don't get out that much...

I laugh nervously Guy opens an Umbrella to cover himself from the rain. Belt pulls me under the umbrella to be close to Guy.

Belt: hmmm..!

Belt hums in satisfaction. Belt makes an Origami boat. He and Sandy sail across the rain puddles. Grug sees me and Guy snuggling under the umbrella, grabs the umbrella away from Guy. Grug gets hit by lightning. The rest of the Croods open their umbrellas to take cover as they enjoy the rain we all stand on a tiny island in a shallow ocean, I look down to the water to see something, myself I point at own reflection.

Grug: Eep, Kerrigan, looks dangerous.

Grug calls out as we both admire the water.

Eep: ugh dad, you say that about everything...

Eep groans in frustration.

I go to jump in the water. Guy stops me.

Guy: careful lion cub..!

Guy says kindly, as he smiles at me.

Me: oh really? Okay..!

I say giggling and Guy cannonballs. Then surfaces. I tentatively hop in. Guy steadies me. Then shows me how to move my arms in a swimming motion. Guy supports me by holding one hand under my tummy. I begins to swim. Gran and Ugga smile mischievously a positive vibe is building. The rest of my family all jump at once. Grug is left alone. I watch as Belt uses Grug's arm as a diving platform. Gran, Sandy and Belt are doing synchronized swimming. Then Grug sees me and Guy surface I'm on Guy's shoulders! I think this is too much for Grug!

Grug: augh! No no no..! Not cool... Not cool-.. Not cool!

Grug yells annoyed Grug dives in to put a stop to any potential shenanigans. Grug's huge tidal wave swamps Guy and Eep. Grug sinks to the bottom.

(1023 words)