-15

Kerrigans POV:

Rushing up the gun-sight into the bright rays of the sun.

Guy: hurry-! Come on!! We're gonna make it!

Guy tells everyone as he pulls me along by my hand when we rush toward "Tomorrow," it is a golden, ethereal image created by a perfect alignment of sun, clouds, and mountain. It looks as if we can cross a solid bridge of clouds and climb onto a waiting sun.

Eep: you were right..! Eep states amazed.

Guy: there it is... The sun! We can do it..! We can ride it to Tomorrow-!

Guy gushes as he looks into my eyes smiling even Grug is taken with the sight it's there after all. We stare at the open meadow across from us. Tremors violently shake the ground.

Guy: run!

Guy yells to us when the rift opens in front of us, the hot gasses and blasts of hot ash bursts the clouds from beneath. The debris shades the sun, revealing a very Earthly landscape beyond. From our perspective, Tomorrow vanished before our eyes. A shockwave knocks a large chunk of rock off the edge we are standing on blowing us backwards.

Guy: I don't understand..! The sun was right here-.. It was right here... Guy states upset.

KABOOM!

A gargantuan jet of ash stabs at the sky. Ugga pulls us away from the ledge. She herds them back toward the gunsight.

Ugga: we have to go back to the cave. Hurry, hurry, stay together. Let's keep moving. Move, move! Everybody hold my hand. Thunk let's go. Go! Let's stay together

Ugga tries to usher us but Grug doesn't join us. Instead, Grug takes a step towards the precipice, peering into the curtain of ash as if trying to burn a hole straight through it.

Ugga: Grug? What's wrong with you? Grug we'll die if we stay here!!

Ugga urges Grug spies a wispy shaft of light Struggling through the ash cloud. I watch as he holds up his hand to feel it. A beam of light settles on his palm. Grug is enlightened.

Ugga: Grug. Listen to me. We've gotta get back to that cave

Ugga tries to warn him Grug looks back at his family, huddled, terrified. The picture of what he would have wanted in the beginning. The sight bothers him. Grug turn to face them.

Grug: no more dark. No more hiding. No more caves.

Grug assures them.

Grug: what's the point of all this..?

Grug asks us as if he's answering a question

Grug: to follow the light...

A smile breaks across Eep and I's face our dad has answered the question.

Grug: I can't change. I don't have ideas. But I have my strength. And right now that's all you need.

Grug tells us smiling sadly.

Ugga: no. We don't know what's over there. Maybe nothing. It's too risky!

Ugga tells him sacred.

Grug: it's a chance...

Grug states. Belt wipes a tear off his face.

Guy: I'll take that chance..!

Guy tells him I watch nervously as Grug lifts Guy above his head.

Grug: ya know, I've wanted to throw you away ever since I met you?

Grug tells the guy I like.

Guy: heh-.. That's a joke, right..?