Darkness Shall Rise

With the Great Devourer defeated, the city has slowly started to repair itself. With nowhere to go and no desire to think about our predicament, us ninja have been helping to clean up the damages.

We even managed to repair Zane's face with the limited supplies we had. Now he looks nearly as good as new. You'd have to know to look for it, in order to see that faintest line from where it was reattached.

Taking a break, I sit with Lloyd in the mostly clean park. Almost all of the venom has been cleared away and vehicles are back on the roads. Sitting down on a bench, I close my eyes, finally getting a chance to take a breath.

"You want a home?" a disembodied voice declares, "I'll give you a home."

A vision? That's definitely Garmadon's voice. What's he planning now?

A flurry of colors and voices mix together. Focusing on the scene, a familiar but different sight comes into view.

It looks like the Bounty, only darker. With tattered, black sails and its once red details now purple. Flying away from where our home was destroyed, Serpentine cheer for Garmadon while their generals are left behind.

Everything fades for a moment before becoming clear. Now inside the Dark Bounty, Garmadon is at the helm in the newly rebuilt bridge, three Serpentine stand behind him.

"Your eminence, excuse my ignorance," a Hypnobrai pipes up, "but why is it we fly in the opposite direction of the ninja, when you have the Golden Weapons in your possession?"

"Because they have my son," Garmadon glares, turning to the snake, "and it is written that he will one day defeat me. What good would turning Ninjago into my own image be when that victory would be fleeting?"

"Then we destroy Lloyd," a Constrictai concludes.

Garmadon's face contorts in anger, "Lock him in the brig!" The Hypnobrai grabs the offending snake and drags him out of the bridge. "No one will touch my son. But by getting rid of Sensei Wu and those pesky ninja," Garmadon turns back to steering, his voice growing darker, "Lloyd will never reach his full potential. The prophecy will never be fulfilled, and Ninjago will be mine...forever!"

"Uh, but why are we flying away?" the Fangprye asks, confused.

"Because we are flying to the Golden Peaks," Garmadon answers, "birthplace of the Golden Weapons. Even they have secrets yet to be unlocked. And once I uncover their full potential, nothing will stand in our way."

With a gasp, the vision fades and I am back in the park. My heart beats frantically while I gulp down air. Focus on the positive, focus on the positive. Garmadon won't let anyone hurt Lloyd. That means he's safe.

"Yue?" Lloyd's hesitantly pipes up. Snapping my head in his direction, he looks at me with a worried expression. "Was it a vision?"

"Yeah, but it's okay," I tell him, plastering a smile on my lips. Lloyd looks at me hesitantly as I stand, "Let's go rejoin the others." Nodding, he takes my hand, and we walk down the street.

Finding the team was easy, not that many people are dressed in brightly colored ninja gis. They stand together, fixing a damaged sign poll. The Falcon flies above us before resting atop the now straight sign.

"Ugh, finally," Cole says, holding the pole with Jay, "All fixed up and Serpentine free."

Kai stands off to the side, away from the other three. Stretching out his hand he tries to summon his fire only to barely get a spark. "Aargh. This is frustrating!"

Startling the others, their hands slip and the pole tilts. Lloyd rushes over to help straighten the pole again.

"Our weapons are gone and most of our elemental powers are gone," Kai continues, barely taking a breath, "I mean, we can still do Spinjitzu, but..." He trails off, trying to summon his fire to weld the metal only for Zane to use a blowtorch instead.