[08]: Elijah Mikaelson Returns

2010 Mystic Falls, Virginia

An SUV sat in the middle of the road, waiting to meet another car.

A man had been compelled to kidnap Elena Gilbert, the Petrova doppelgänger, and Skyler Salvatore, a key piece in who was coming for them. When the man in the other car pulled up and saw the SUV waiting, he got out and walked over toward the window. The driver rolled the window down and it was revealed he was wearing sunglasses and a hat.

"Where are they?" The man in the SUV asked.

"In the trunk, I did exactly what you said," The other man said.

"Good, put them in the back," The SUV man, Trevor said. The other man nodded his head as Trevor popped the trunk of the SUV. The other man fully opened it and then he opened the trunk of his car. He first took an unconscious Skyler Salvatore out of the back and put her in the trunk of the SUV. He injected her with more vervain to make sure that she didn't wake up. Then the man grabbed Elena and put her next to Skyler in the trunk. Trevor smiled as the man closed the trunk and then he approached Trevor's window. "Thank you for your help," Trevor said.

"Is there anything else?" The man asked. Trevor nodded his head. He was hungry and he wanted to eat.

"One more thing. Come closer please," Trevor said and the man took another step forward. "Closer."

flashback
sicily, italia; circa 1922

"Come a little bit closer, what's wrong?" Elijah Mikaelson asked a distraught Skyler Salvatore. She had ventured out onto the streets of Sicily and the family hadn't seen her for a few hours. The Mikaelsons took themselves out to Italy because Mikael ran them out of New Orleans and Chicago, they had no choice but to go overseas.

"Niklaus is getting unbearable, Elijah," Skyler said, as she overlooked the small town they were in. She was sitting on a bench in the plaza and Elijah frowned.

"Mikael has him shaken, he just wants to make sure you're protected at all times," Elijah said, and Skyler scoffed, loudly and almost noticeably, while shaking her head.

"Protect me?" She asked, laughing while shaking her head. "He's overbearing, and if I say one thing he doesn't like, he's abusive." She said, and Elijah's eyes widened.

"I've never once heard him hit you." He said, and she shook her head.

"Because he doesn't. But you can abuse a person without it being physical, Elijah." She said, and she looked at the dark-haired original beside her, and Elijah could see the pain in her eyes, which caused a great deal of pain for him, it was no secret to anyone in the original family that Elijah is in love with the Salvatore girl, but he tries to hide it, especially since she's wed.

"Skyler...-" She cut him off as she stood up from the bench, and before walking away, she said to him.

"...-Rebekah is gone, he daggered her after Chicago. She was the only friend I had left. You never put him in his place about his behavior, and if I say anything he doesn't like, he causes me pain just to make me stop. I cannot take it anymore, Elijah," Skyler said.

"What would you have me do?" Elijah said.

"There is nothing you can do," Skyler said and then she laughed a little while shaking her head.

"What's funny?" He asked.

"Sometimes... I think I married the wrong Mikaelson."

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎