forty two

WARNING: BRIEF MENTIONS OF SUICIDE

YOUR POV:

"How is she doing?" Clint asked.

"She's fine. Her body is recovering. But if you were talking about mentally and emotionally? I couldn't answer that." Wanda sighed, "Not even if I tried."

Clint looked at her with a sad smile, "I know. She lost a lot."

"We all have." Wanda whispered solemnly.

I groaned, moving my head a little as my eyes screwed shut.

"I give you the gift of immortality and this is how you repay me?!"

I gasped, body shooting upright as a cold sweat trickled down my spine. My heart raced in my chest as I frantically looked around, wondering where the hell I was and how the fuck I was still alive. Wanda came into view and sat down on the edge of the bed, furthering my panic for a moment more.

She grabbed my hand, "Y/n, it's okay. You're safe."

"Where am I?" I croaked.

"We're at my house. We're back home. The pack can never take a break and are already cleaning up around here."

"What about Hela?" I asked, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"You killed her but we still burned her body to make sure. Bitch isn't coming back." Clint smirked.

"See, you're safe. I promise." Wanda smiled softly but everything in my head seemed different. I felt different.

Clint cleared his throat and my eyes snapped up towards him at the sudden sound. He was giving Wanda a side eye and the woman set her jaw. The pair seemed to be communicating through their eyes. I didn't like it. It felt like an elephant had entered the room and gave me a backpack full of anxiety.

"Whatever you guys are saying with your eyes, stop and spit it out." I looked at them both, wondering who was gonna be the one to step up.

"It's kind of a delicate thing to hear.." Wanda trailed off.

I couldn't help but giggle, "Scared you're going to break me, Maximoff? My broken pieces are already too small to smash."

"When Hela bit you the vampirism didn't just affect you, it affected the fetus inside of you. Your baby is gone. I'm sorry." Clint choked out and confessed in all one big breath it seemed. The man looked torn up inside and I wondered how that felt right now, since at the moment I couldn't seem to feel anything.

I sniffed, taking a moment as I sat crisscrossed in bed staring hard at Clint, "What else you got for me, Barton? You gonna tell me that Natasha is dead too? Or Peter?"

Clint sucked in a breath, "Peter's alive. He's up and walking. I can get him for you if-"

I shook my head, a moment of silence, "And Natasha?"

"She's in recovery. She hasn't woken up yet but we have her connected to a heart rate monitor. Her heartbeat is weak, but it's there. The venom she sucked out of you should have killed her but.. I have my ways and elixirs." Wanda spoke this time.

"I wanna see her." I said, already climbing out of bed despite my stiff and sore limbs. Clint handed me a sweatshirt and by the smell I already knew it was Natasha's. I slipped it on over my head and followed the pair out of the room I was in.

I could see the top of Nat's head propped up, her ginger hair spilling out all over the pillow she was laying on. There was a steady hum coming from the heart rate monitor beside her as her chest rose and fell weakly under the blanket she was cocooned in. My chest felt empty, like there weren't any feelings left and they had all been burned away when the pack burned Hela's body. My eyes felt like they should be doing something, maybe leaking a tear or two and my knees were strong despite the nagging urge to bend and break and fall to the floor.