Agnes and the doctor shared a look at the mention of the father's presence.

"They'll come back some other time, Paige." Agnes gave her a reassuring nod.

"Who has the keys?" Lucy shouted from a distance, tugging at the locked handle of the car as another car came into view, its flash lighting the dark forest.

Lucy began walking towards it believing it to be Nik before her steps stalled halfway, watching as several men began pooling out of it.

Her instincts already made her feet walk backwards before she turned and ran for cover behind her car as an arrow whizzed past her shoulder.

"Lucy, run!" Vaishali's voice yelled out from somewhere followed by a male scream as Lucy sprinted into the dark woods.

There was a loud connotation going behind her, loads of screaming, shouting and fighting and suddenly silence and then loud footsteps.

Lucy looked over her shoulder. She could see the men following her, but there was still a very large distance for them to cover up.

"Oh, fuck you all." she muttered furiously to herself as she hid behind a tree.

After a minute of waiting, the first of the armed men whizzed past that tree and then she jumped onto the next one.

"You, bitch." she spitted out, her hands grabbing the face of the man under her and snapping it to the side.

Someone jumped onto her, slamming her body to the rocky ground by the shoulder.

Fingers tried to curl around her neck, attempting to choke her before she headbutted him, nails digging into his neck.

She pushed away his dazed body, getting back into her feet before impaling his neck with her heel, a disgusting retching sound reaching her ears.

"Ew." she muttered, her nose scrunched as she pulled it out.

"Lucy." a relieved voice called out as her eyes turned to Hayley holding up a bloodied Vaishali.

"V!" her eyes widened in shock as she rushed to the wolf, the blood pooling out of her shoulder.

"I'm okay." Vaishali chuckled tiredly as Lucy made to check on her injuries, "it's just a small wound."

"Let's get out of here." Lucy looked at them, their feets beginning to move already, pace fast.

"There are more coming." Hayley looked behind at the long trail of flashlights visible.

"Let them come." Lucy said firmly, hiding behind a gigantic tree trunk, as she snapped a sharply pointed branch.

"Give 'em hell." Lucy nodded with a smirk at Hayley standing across from her, her back to the trunk of another tree with Vaishali slumping down against it.

◇◇◆◇◆◇◇

"Where is she?" Niklaus asked, his voice a clear indicator that he was attempting his best to keep the anger at bay.

"I lost her." Vaishali sighed, pressing at the wound on her shoulder, leaning against the wall of Dr. Paige's surgery. "One minute we were killing those witches or warlocks, whatever they were, and then the next there's just a shower of arrows and I'm passed out."

"Do you realize that I could not hear even a single ounce of fighting going on across the whole bayou!" he yelled. "I've sped past the whole forest! And there is not even a single sign of her!"

"Stop shouting!" Vaishali retorted. "That probably means she's alright."

"Or it means that she's passed out somewhere, bleeding profusely!"