awesome for the first time

What a messed up night, man.

Reki staggered up towards Ayaka, his posture exuding confidence and determination. His eyes fixed on him, his steps deliberate and purposeful.

I should've just stayed home.

My board got brutally trashed and abused.

I almost had to go up against Shadow for pissing off a client.

And what was up with Ayaka? Could barely stand on a board then randomly volunteers to race? How is this real life!?

Huh? He snowboards? And never thought to mention it!? Hey! That's important information!

Reki stepped forward and firmly grasped Ayaka's collar with both hands, pulling him close.

Idiot!

Ayaka gasped and stared at Reki wide-eyed, wondering what he did wrong.

"You're so..." Reki started. "awesome!" he squealed.

"Huh...?"

————

"I've never seen anyone skate like that in my life!" Reki said while Ayaka was taping his feet to the board again on some steps. "How did you do that flipping trick at the end? Is that some kind of snowboarding thing?" Reki asked, crouching down and spreading his arms out.

"Mhm." Ayaka said, and brought up the roll of tape. "Seen Langa do it, thought I could do it too." He tore part of the tape off. ""Backside rodeo'. That's what it's called."

"America in the hizzay!" Reki shouted, poking Ayaka's face with his pointer finger. Ayaka frowned and gently pushed Reki's hand away.

"You mean Canada."

"That's right." Reki said. "Well, Ca-nay-da Can-nah-da that's not the point! You know how to skate! I wanna see some more."

Ayaka looked at the board beneath his feet.

————

That was close. Ayaka thought, rubbing the arm he landed badly on. He had attempted to skateboard again, but he ended up flipping over on the board, onto incoming traffic.

"I don't get it," Reki says, a few steps higher than Ayaka. "How did you skate so well last night?"

"I honestly don't know myself." Ayaka whispered.

"I mean, if you told me you paid your brother to put a wig on and skate that match, I'd believe it."

Ayaka didn't respond, looking off to the side. He turned around. "Reki. Your board. Can I borrow it?" he asks.

"As if you didn't just bail hardcore and almost get yourself killed?"

"I know that was rough." Ayaka brings up a hand to grip at his shirt. "But—I-I loved it."

"You're joking" Reki stated.

Ayaka shook his head. "No."

Reki sighs. "Fine. I guess so." Reki gets up and starts to walk toward Ayaka. "But this didn't magically turn into snowboard overnight. It's a skateboard." Ayaka looks up at Reki, who crouched down in front of him.

"That won't change." He hands Ayaka the board and he held it in his hands. "Still wanna skate?"

"Yes, I do. I want to try." Ayaka looks up from the skateboard back at Reki. "Will you teach me?"

Reki smiles widely at him.

————

Shifty: