"hey hey, we have some cleaning duties to care of. what rank are you?" helmeppo asked, making me humm as i rubbed my chin.

"sorry... i forgot."

helmeppo and koby sweatdropped, "f-forgot?"

"um.. yes..."

"do you know what you're meant to do?"

"i think i have to go to garp."

"lemme walk ya there! you're probably not used to the place yet."

i nodded, thanking koby quietly. "oi! you sure we can do that? we'll get our asses handed to us if we're late again." helmeppo said, making koby shake his head. "c'mon! our friend is in need of help."

the blondie sighed, giving in. "let's go quick then!"

we then ran through the long hallways and up a flight of stairs. after panting for dear life, we finally reached garp's office. "alright! we'll leave you here. seeya, y/n." koby grinned before walking off. i stared at him and helmeppo, before turning back to the door. i opened it, walking inside. "oi! learn to knock!" a gruff voice yelled, "oh, it's you. come in." 

i looked to see garp sitting on his chair, looking through some papers. "goodmorning. what do i do today?"

"oh yeah! i forgot completely, heheh. come here. you can begin with helping me with these papers." garp grinned. i walked up to him, taking one of the papers in my hand. i glanced up at him who was grinning widely. "i can't read."

his grin fell, and he snatched the paper from me, "you can't?! we'll have to put you in school before even being a marine!" he joked, smacking his forehead.

"alright, look. i gotta finish these paperworks. is it fine if you train with the others for now? i'll go and fetch you over when i'm done. i'm sure ya can handle it."

i stared at him, and then at the pile of papers sitting on his desk. "ok..." i whispered, before walking away. 

"and tell them i sent you there! goodluck!"

i closed the door after me and sighed. this is gonna be a long day...

after walking through the base for what felt like decades, i finally ended up in a training room. i peeked inside, staring at the marines who were wrestling 1 on 1.

"hey! you're late! come inside!" a voice yelled, making me jump out of my hiding spot in surprise. i saw a tall man standing in front of the marines, most likely the instructor. he raised an eyebrow, "i've never seen you before. are you new?"

i nodded, "garp sent me here..."

"ahh alright. come here, i'll tell you what to do. what's your name?"

"y/n."

"you may call me kadar-sensei. oi! someone come and pair up with this girl!" he yelled, making the attention turn to us. a man walked up to him, "i can." he said, making kadar nod. he turned to the marines who were staring at us, "who told you that you can stop?! 100 pushups for everyone that glanced over here!!!"

everyone sweatdropped, thinking in their heads, "you called us!"

i turned to the tall man, before bowing. "let's have a fair competition." i said, before looking up. he bowed clumsily before getting into a fighting stance and so did i. i didn't let a second pass until i tackled him, restraining his body and quickly stopping him from moving. he struggled for a moment before slamming his hand on the floor, "alright! alright, i give up!" he grunted, and i let go.

"hmm.. you're pretty strong, little girl. oi! someone else come and challenge her!"

another guy walked up after kadar yelled a second time. he was pretty huge, but i didn't let that intimidate me. instead i was able to restraing him quickly as well.

after kadar paired me up with 7 more people, he gave up. "i don't know why garp-sama sent you here! you're well above this level." he huffed angrily. "sorry.." i mumbled, feeling a bit guilty. the other marines were watching us in shock, not expecting a girl to be able to beat so many men at once.

"hey! sorry i'm late!" a masculine voice called out, making me turn around to see garp leaning against the wall.

"garp.." i whispered, walking up to him.

kadar crossed his arms, "your little marine over there beat 9 of my men! she doesn't need to be training here." he huffed, making garp laugh loudly. "really? i didn't expect her to be so strong. you pack a strong punch in your little body, y/n." he said, ruffling my hair.

i grunted, putting my hand ontop of his, "my hair...!"

"alright c'mon! i'll train you myself since i got some free time."