Chapter 29: Ace POV

Start from the beginning

I waved my hand "No-no no! No prank! Just believe me! Please!" 

"I LITERALLY MET YOU 10 SECONDS AGO!" She exclaimed. She calmed a little "Okay, prove it!" And crossed her arms. 

"I kinda got like- banished soooo.... no powers." 

"Then....I don't believe you!" She exclaimed. 

"Fine, don't believe me! But please I need help! I need to find Biana!"

The girl contemplated this, probably debating calling someone to get me away from her for harrassment.

"Fine." She said. "What's your name? Because, if Biana says she doesn't know you, I'm going whoop your ass right back up to the sky."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, but she will I promise."

"Yeah, yeah yeah" She scoffed. "BTW I didn't mean to startle you," she said, her voice melodic. "I'm Ashleigh."

"BTW?" I whispered but she didn't hear. I said louder this time. "I'm Ace." 

"K" She said and turned around and threw me her sharp weapony-thingy. "Hold that."

I said my eyes getting wide. I'd never hold any thing this dangerous. 

"Hey" Ashleigh said suddenly. "Do you like- want to meet Biana Vacker THAT bad."

"y-yes" I said trembling. She looked like she could beat me up. She stared at me dead in the eye.

"If I wanted to beat you up I would've already."

"What the hell?!" I yelled out. "Ho-H-How did?"

"Telepath." She replied as if was common knowledge.

"Right. Of course." I muttered sarcastically. "Can we please just go find Biana now?"

"Dex must've made it out." She muttered under her breath.

Ashleigh nodded and started walking, motioning for me to follow. I picked up the sharp weapon she had given me and held it awkwardly, trying not to accidentally stab myself with it.

As we walked, Ashleigh filled me in on some of the details. Apparently, Biana was an elf who lived in a hidden world called the Lost Cities, where magical creatures like elves, dwarves, and gnomes lived. Ashleigh was also an elf, and she lived in the Lost Cities as well.

"So, how did you end up falling from the sky?" Ashleigh asked curiously.

"It's a long story," I replied, not wanting to get into it. "Let's just say I made a mistake."

Ashleigh nodded understandingly, but didn't press the matter further.

As we walked, I couldn't help but feel a sense of awe at the magical world around me. We passed by strange plants that glowed, and creatures that I had only ever read about. .

Finally, we arrived at a massive tree that towered above the others. Ashleigh motioned for me to follow her, and we climbed up the tree using the vines that hung from its branches.

As we climbed higher, I caught a glimpse of something sparkling in the distance. It was a massive city made entirely of crystal, and it glittered in the sunlight like a diamond.

"Woah." I exclaimed. 

"How would you feel about joining the Black Swan?" She suddenly piped up. 

"What is that?" I asked

She rolled her eyes. "A secret organisation- that is trying to defeat the Neverseen, our enemy. They- " She shuddered. "They've done some really horrible things. They- are lead by our friend Keefe's mother. Lady Gisela. And they've basically hurt everyone we love-" She stopped talking n it was probably best I didn't talk she looked really sad all of the sudden. Her eyes lacked the same sparkle i'd seen a few minutes ago.