Chapter 7: Tortuga

Start from the beginning

(Y/n) gave Will an apologetic look, but he still didn't want to believe it.

"No, you're lying!" He denied, pulling out his sword and pointing it at Jack.

"Put it away, son. It's not worth you getting beat again." Jack said calmly.

"You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight I'd kill you."

"That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, is it?" Jack replied.

He suddenly spun the wheel very quickly, causing one of the booms to swing into Will and have him dangling over the water.

"Will!" (Y/n) exclaimed. "Jack, put him back!"

"In a moment love, don't fret." Jack reassured, keeping his arm around her shoulders and holding her tightly to his side as he looked back to Will.

"As long as you're just hanging there, pay attention. The only rules that really matter are these: What a man can do, and what a man can't do. For instance, you can accept your father and (Y/n) are pirates and good people, or you can't. But pirate is in your blood boy so you'll have to square with that someday. Now me for example, I can let you drown, but I can't bring this ship into Tortuga with just the lovely (Y/n). Savvy? So..."

Jack turned the wheel again and Will was pulled back onto the ship and landed on his back, with Jack pointing a sword at him.

"Can you sail under the command of a pirate?" He flipped the sword in the air and caught it by the blade. "Or can you not?"

Will roll his sword back. "Tortuga?"

Jack smirked. "Tortuga."

...

Tortuga was just about the most chaotic and lawless place that you could ever imagine. People were fighting and shooting guns in the streets, women were walking around in very low cut dresses, and just about everyone was as drunk as can be.

Jack, (Y/n) and Will walked along the streets of Tortuga, with Jack rambling on about how great this place is.

"More importantly, it is indeed a sad life that has never breathed deep the sweet, proliferous bouquet that is Tortuga. Savvy?" Jack ranted, as he stole a cane from a man passing by. "What do you think?"

"It'll linger." Will replied.

"Wow. It's been almost ten years since I've been here, and nothing has changed." (Y/n) commented.

"Indeed love. We had some pretty good times here, didn't we?" Jack said, slinging an arm over her shoulder again. "Drinking, getting into fights..."

"I just remember that the drinking part was mostly you, and the fighting part was mostly me saving your ass after you had pissed someone off." (Y/n) replied, looking slightly amused.

Jack just smiled down at her. "Like I said. Good times. How could you give this all up? I'll tell you, if every town in the world were like this one, no man would ever feel unwanted."

Just then, Jack turned and saw a red-headed woman in a red dress with a face full of makeup approaching him, looking rather peeved.