xxvi. you need to calm the fuck down

Start from the beginning

"who the hell is that?" jj looked up.

"shit just got real," holly sighed.

🃏

"sarah!" briar ran through the fbi sight towards her cousin. "sarah!"

"oh, my god," sarah wrapped her cousin in her arms. "hi. i've been looking for you."

"where's john b?" briar asked hurriedly. "are you okay?"

"i'm good," sarah nodded. "topper helped us out last night. we slept in rose's rental property. i'm gonna tell the cops what rafe did."

"i'll come with you," briar took her cousin's hand.

"ma'am!" an officer yelled at them as they approached.

"excuse me, is this all for john b?" sarah asked in shock.

"orders are for locals to shelter and report sightings to law enforcement," he said to the girls.

"he's not armed," sarah explained. "i promise, he's not armed."

"and he sure as fuck isn't dangerous," briar stepped closer.

"we'll take a statement," the man pushed sarah back.

"watch it," briar yanked her cousin from the man.

"i just want to," sarah pushed her way forward. "i want to talk to some in charge. you're going after the wrong guy!"

"get your hands off her," briar yelled and the man pushed sarah back.

"i just wanna talk to someone," sarah cried.

"come with me," he pulled her.

"no," he threw sarah into a tent, briar jogging after. "you don't understand. let go of me!"

"you need to calm down," the man sighed.

"you need to calm the fuck down, you're the one throwing a sixteen-year-old around, asshole," briar shoved him. he pushed her back, sending her stumbling to the floor.

"she's pregnant!" sarah yelled and hurriedly helped her cousin stand. "hey, you good?"

briar nodded quickly. "excuse me!" sarah yelled. "sbi man!"

"ma'am!" the officer yelled.

"hi, my name is sarah cameron. i was on the tarmac with sheriff peterkin. i know what happened. i was there! please, i just wanna talk!"

"it's fine," the man pushed the officer back from sarah. "how can i help you, ma'am?"

"i'm sorry," sarah panted.

"there you are!" ward ran to the girls. briar stepped away. "oh, my god. i've been looking everywhere for you, sweetheart."

"stop it!" briar said loudly as ward began to pull sarah.

"we gotta let these people do their jobs," he yanked his daughter away, grabbed briar's wrist with him. "i'm very sorry."

"no," sarah yelled as ward dragged the two of the away. "john b didn't shoot peterkin!"

"sarah!" ward grunted.

"let go of me!" briar ripped her wrist away from ward, rubbing her bruise.

"i can tell you that is not true," ward insisted. "i gave a sworn deposition. she wasn't there. she doesn't know."

"no!" sarah yelled. "no! that's a lie! everything he's saying is a lie!"

"fine!" ward screamed at his daughter and niece. "fine. who did it, then, sarah? who killed sheriff peterkin?"

sarah's face crumpled. "rafe," she sobbed. "rafe."

"jesus," ward groaned. "god."

"my brother rafe shot sheriff peterkin," sarah sobbed. "i saw. he had the gun."

"he was home," ward insisted. "my wife can attest to that. i apologize."

"no!" sarah screamed. "no! no!"

"please, sweetie," ward begged. "quiet. stop."

"what is wrong with you?" sarah threw ward back. briar stood strong next to her cousin, arms crossed. "how long have you been lying to us? who are you?"

"officer, can i please have a moment in private with you?" ward requested. briar and sarah were crying now.

"um," the officer looked to sarah and briar. "my officer's gonna take really good care of you, all right?"

"no. no!" sarah yelled. an officer grabbed sarah, the same one from before. a different grabbed briar much more gentle. "don't go! listen!"

ward ripped away from sarah. "i'll be right back."

"everything he's saying is a lie!" sarah cried. "liar! no! no! let go of me!"

briar fought the woman holding her, kicking her feet back and landing a good kick to the woman's kneecap.

"hey," the woman yanked on briar's hair. "cut it out."

"let her go!" sarah thrashed. "let me go!"

sarah whipped around and kneed the man in the nuts. she quickly removed herself from his hold.

"get off her!" sarah kicked the woman holding briar right in the stomach. "come on! let's go!"

and holding her cousin's hand, briar ran off to see her boyfriend.

SADIE SPEAKS!
word count: 1030
next few chapters
had me in TEARS
edit: hey guys, so i understand it looks super weird how sarah and jb are really close. it's been really difficult writing their chemistry completely out of the story as sarah's character for a little while is just for jb's love interest. i need her to end up in nassau with jb in order for the story to move forward. if you have any suggestions on how to write this and make it seem less weird lmk. but, jb with never cheat on briar, literally never, nor will sarah ever do something like that to her best friend and cousin. just wanted to make a psa after seeing some comments on this.