Part 2

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

{𝓕𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓱𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴𝓼}

"𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐢?"

Rafe made his way slowly down the steps. His tall figure looming over her as she turned quickly to face him, gasping slightly. She let out a sigh, telling him she was nervous. He perched on the last step, leaning against the wooden railing. He let out a little laugh and smiled at her. "Did I scare you?"

"Maybe." Cami's lips pressed together as she tried not to smile, but was unsuccessful. The pace of her heartbeat sped up and she felt her face flushing pink as she stood, face-to-face with her best friend's brother. "Sorry" he said playfully, and somewhat sarcastically, breaking the silence.

All she could think about at that moment was Josey. What would Josey think if she knew they were together, alone. Cami always had that thought in the back of her head, What if Josey knows? She hadn't acted any differently around Cami, and never hesitated to gossip with her about Rafe and their relationship. Still, Cami felt guilty just being around him.

"So, what are you doing here?" He asks, stepping down to her level. He towered over her, causing her stomach to flutter. He rested his hands in his pockets and looked down at her. "Well, I was with Sarah, but she just left me here." Cami crossed her arms and tried to act casually, avoiding eye-contact. "Why?" He makes a confused face.

Cami hated that she wasn't good at talking to guys she actually liked. She had no problem flirting with the ones she wasn't interested in, but with Rafe it was different. She wanted to be more confident when speaking to him, not only for herself, for Josey and Sarah too.

"We were talking about that pogue John B's party and she freaked out. Called Top and he didn't answer, then she just left." It wasn't until that moment that Cami realized how close she really was to Rafe. Their shoes were almost touching and his chest was inches from her face. It made her stomach turn and her face felt hotter and hotter.

She tried to calm herself down, replaying Rafe's episodes in her head over and over in hopes it would disgust her, but it never did. "Do you think she's mad at him?" Rafe asked leaning to the right a bit, shifting his weight. The answer was obvious, they both knew that, but she answered anyway. "Probably, she's acting really weird about the whole thing." Cami copied Rafe's body-language, crossing her arms and shifting to the left to match him.

Rafe noticed and couldn't help but smirk. He dropped his head, looking at the ground laughing gently. "Sarah's weird all the time." He said, looking back into Cami's green eyes, noticing how they sparkled even though there was little light in the room. "I wouldn't say that." Cami smiled, making sure it was friendly and strictly that.

"I would." They stared at each other in silence for a moment, smiling at one another. Cami quickly snapped herself out of it. "I-I should probably go." She stuttered a bit, looking at the floor and adjusting her hair out of her face and trying to hide her smile. Rafe adjusted his stance as well, running his hand through his hair and looking around. "I really need to find Sarah." She said, looking back at him. Her smile faded, knowing the moment between them couldn't last any longer.

"Well, if you find her let me know." He said, the corners of his lips still turned slightly upward. Rafe and Cami always had chemistry, but it was something that often times when untalked about. The only person to have ever approached Cami about the matter was Kelce.

They were at the country club sometime during the summer about a year before. Rafe, Kelce, Topper, Sarah and Cami were all there playing pool and talking. Josey wasn't there due to some sort of summer-school activity trip. Rafe and Cami had been talking and laughing the whole day. They were both single at the time and the tension did not go unnoticed.

"So, you and Rafe?" Kelce made his way over to Cami as Rafe walked to the bathroom. "Hm?" Cami turned to him with a drink held up to her lips. Kelce sat his drink down, putting his pool stick on the floor and using it to support himself. "I mean, it's obvious you like each other." Cami choked on her drink, causing Kelce to pat her on the back until she was able to speak again.

"Me and Rafe?" She spat out, still coughing. She liked him, but would never admit it. She felt sick thinking about how obvious she must have been that day. "No, no." She said, catching her breath and standing back up straight. "I couldn't possibly." She said, looking at Kelch with a very anxious and concerned look on her face.

Kelce, obviously, picked up on what she was implying, because he never brought it up again.

And now, she was tearing herself apart over it once again. She wasn't sure if she should thank Kelce for saying something or be angry about it. If he hadn't she wouldn't be so nervous when talking to him. However, since he did, she makes sure she's not too friendly with him now. "Well, I'll be going then." She said with her arms behind her back as she backed away slowly, turning to open the door.

"Hey," Rafe called to her. She turned her head to look at him. "Yeah?" Rafe swallowed, running his fingers over his mouth for a second. "What are you taking?" He put his hands back into his pockets. "What do you mean?" Cami asked, turning her body toward him. "Car. What car?" Cami hadn't thought about that yet. She was more worried about making sure she didn't spend any longer alone with him.

"I was just... going to walk." She hated lying to him, but it was so obviously a lie she didn't think twice about it. "To Toppers? That's like, twenty miles from here." He smiled at her, showing his teeth. "Well then I'll just go home." She turned back to leave. She twisted the doorknob and opened the big wooden door. "Or" He spoke, causing Cami to freeze where she was.

"I could drive you."

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶