𝘔𝘖𝘝𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘖𝘕

Start from the beginning

"Well, you're not doing the article, are you?"

"I am, actually."

Maeve was utterly a bit confused. There had to be some underlying evil notion as to why Liam wanted to know, surely.

"What? Why?" He seem genuinely surprised as he lingered in the doorway.

Maeve stood up and leaded on her door a little, stood in front of him. "She got he chance to leave this place forever. Obviously i'm going to help?"

"If you do it, all the other will as well." Liam says, his eyes narrowing slightly on a strand of Maeve's hair that falls from behind her ear.

She lets out a breathless laugh, "That's why you want to know." She almost talks to herself. "You're scared the kids won't follow your influence and will follow mine instead?"

Liam doesn't reply. His eyes are still focused on that strand of hair as he reaches and quickly brushes it behind her ear.

She doesn't move.

"It was bothering me." He quickly justifies. "Tracy cant do this article and leave. It'll kill the younger kids."

"The younger kids or you, Donovan?" Maeve rolls her eyes, "Don't be selfish."

"I'm not-" Liam is cut off by shouting down the hallway and he leaves to see what's going on. Always nosey.

The next morning, everyone was still unsettled after yesterdays events. That's why everyone is sat in the kitchen, listening to her explanation.

"Look, I know you're all totally hacked off at me. I'm sorry for upsetting you, but us care kids don't get given breaks, so when an opportunity comes along, I've got to take it. That's all i'm doing, don't hate me for it." Tracy has tears in her eyes as she talks, clearly showing how conflicted she is herself about leaving.

Sapphire is the first to break the silence. "That's not why I hate you." She begins. Maeve is in her head begging her friend to be nice.

It's Sapphire. She's not going to be nice.

"I hate you for conning us. Giving it all that 'I'm there for you!', 'We're all care kids together!'. You are just using us so you can move on to something better."

Tracy is silent for a second. "Is that what you all think?"

Lily looks up, "You promised to help me get back with Poppy and Rosie."

Maeve feels awful as Tracy leaves the room. She knew damn well that if she was in Tracy's position, she would do the exact same. Literally anything to get out the dumping ground. If that made her selfish, so be it.

Liam stands where Tracy previously stood. "Guys, we're all in this together." He pauses, "No one helps."

He gives a girl a pointed look. The same girl who's bedroom he stood in last night . The same girl who he knew had already offered her help to Tracy. No one else knew.

Maeve simply looked back, challenging him.

Maeve East is well know for her independence. And that doesn't just mean spending time alone and taking care of herself. She was independent with her opinions and would do whatever she wanted without even a brief thought about what others may think.