Author's Note

First things first.

A big thanks to all of you for making my first day special. Every read, vote, comment, feedback, and message meant a lot.

I was too hesitant (and somewhat cynical) about sharing my drafts, but while reading Ram's advice from my first short story, Crossing Paths, I decided to publish it. It was well received, and I began this.

Despite my poor socializing skills and really late updates, most of you waited patiently. Many of you not only read and liked but also took time to write beautiful comments, which motivated me to write more. Without you all, this wouldn't have been possible!

Now, I know a lot, like a lot, is left unexplored. But sharing life, when I began, was an attempt to see Ram & Priya in a different light.

In the initial episodes, Ram and Priya were more open, sensible, and friendly with each other. Priya was softie and fun at times (mimicking Neeraj-Maitri or Geyser taunt). There were differences, but they only gave insight into each other.

I felt there was a scope, maybe not for a love marriage, but at least something like an arrange marriage where one takes time and tries to know each other and then willingly agrees to marry rather than a compromise.

With this thought, I tried to write a story where they are together, not due to circumstances or family, but for themselves.

Again, Pehli Baarish is part of other fiction—a sequel—which I started working on after the overwhelming response to this one. However, I was (am) unable to update regularly and also began another story, Married Ram-Priya, so I discarded it. Also, lately, writing has been exhausting, and I don't want to write or continue for the sake of it.

Again, thanks for all the love❤️

With gratitude,
Kira

P.S. If you're reading balh and if it makes you feel any better, das din ki chuttiyaan hain toh at least paanch updates dene ki koshish karungi.
Merry Christmas🎅