Gary meets Serena

[Ash's POV]

"Ugh I'm starving..." I whined as Gary grabbed lunch, the overall plan was to get Selene to meet Gary since he was interested about the girl who beat me in a battle. "You're always starving Ashy-boy" Gary rolls his eyes and smirks, soon enough we saw Selene enter, her green eyes shone happily as she spotted me and Gary and she ran up to us. "Hi! My name is Selene, it's nice to meet you" I watched her smile and shake hands with Gary, he grinned "Name's Gary, maybe we should go out sometime" he winked and for some reason I felt jealous. I didn't know why but Selene became flustered and gave him an awkward smile, "sorry I'm not looking to date right now" she laughs nervously and Gary shrugs and smiles "no problem, thought I'd ask." I felt relief that Selene rejected him, still though..why did I feel that way when he flirted with her?

(He's not that dense!!)

We then sat at a table and ate lunch together while Selene and Gary got to know each other, soon she had to go and once she did Gary looks at me "I saw that look when I flirted with Selene, you like her don't you?" He smirks and I became flustered. "What?! You don't know what you're talking about!!" My face was red and he knew it, which would only mean endless teasing.

Another short ish chapter, I'm just writing this in class and I do need to focus but I did write a longer chapter in my other book.