Let us dance

"Freedom? That was a joke, even  in the land of the 'free' it wasn't free. There was always strings attached to every small stem that went back  to the big picture. The picture that went to shit, the picture that was filled with dread, agony and worst. Fear, fear was evident. We are a failing society full of fools, a society that will burn, causing our forefathers to roll in their graves One nation under the ruling thumb of a mindless God."

That's something that was always spoken to me, my close friend always told his peers that, over and over again.  Just twenty-three years old, he served his country twice and he died of cancer just two weeks ago today. I miss him, he was a good friend, somebody you could count on. He was a brother, one I never got to have. 

All of the royalty fucked everything up, causing it to go to shit. I was 20 when I fell ill. I had everything a boy my age would need. I was a product of high society. I fell for the peasant girl and to my surprise, it was frowned upon. It hurt seeing her be hanged for a love affair with me. It was that following spring I fell victim to the terrible disease. I was bound to be my love, but somebody had another plan. Locked in my room after the change, after the exchange of crimson fluid I became a beast. I was sure that I was cursed, that I was in Hell.  But, that was very far from the truth.  This was a gift. Or a curse, depending on how you looked at it.

I can still remember the last time I saw the sunrise. The birds chirping, the sky was the most beautiful array of colors. Violets, oranges, reds, yellows. And blue, the coolest color.  But then something  started to happen, my skin, burned. I was burning, smoking. My skin dared to blister up, I ran desperately to my washroom, plunging my face into the water. My arms soon to follow.

This was it, the rest of my life. After I sat in the shadows for a good while it set in. Hunger, the pains of hunger. This wasn't a normal hunger pain either. It was 100 times worse. I struggled to stand on my feet, which were just as weak as a fawn's. Soon as I made it to the door a man dressed in white stood there, throwing the crying, common streetwalker at me.

"Drink her dry."

He demanded with such a stern look.

"Did I stutter, boy? Drink. Her. Dry."

The man's English accented voice had a secondary voice and it was indeed frightening.

Hesitantly, I broke her milk -white skin and drank for the first time. The pains left my burning stomach and color returned to my skin. I listened to her heart beat grow weaker and weaker. Her voice faint and helpless. I pulled back. "I am sorry.." I whispered only feel a sting on my porcelain cheeks. "I..I..so-" Another was felt and I was pulled to my feet. "Never feel for the rats, for they could've saved themselves. But, did they? No, they did not. So, never, ever feel for the common rat." He spat to the body. "We are above them in the evolution, we are the chosen. Never forget that we.." he leaned in, licking a drop of blood from my lip. "We..are God's children. They are the mistake of God." He drops me and I regain my footing, it's dark and now he's gone.

Once more, my sire abandons me. I've no God forsaken clue what to do. The place I called home is no longer. Everyone is dead. Everyone but me.