Chapter 5

A/n: Wow, I haven't touched this one in a bit.

Image is not mine.

~|~|~|~|~|~

It was honestly impressive.

Maki Zenin did not let her expression betray her. But her knowledge as a fighter made her giddy inside.

(Y/n) was improving.

She watched the male weave in between Panda's barrage of punches, improving each time he was struck even the smallest amount.

When they'd started not an hour ago, Panda was consistently landing blows on the male and sent him flying.

"Counter!" Panda had exclaimed, slowing his pace by a marginal amount, then sent a kick at the male. (Y/n) stood his ground, feet digging into the dirt as his hands went from Tiger claws to human flesh.

Then was sent flying.

Maki sighed as she saw that, her expectations suddenly curbed as she realized that no one could improve that vastly in an hour. (Y/n) had instincts honed for battle; she couldn't deny that, but he was still a novice.

"Hey, get back up, you're not allowed to rest until I give the go ahead." Maki called out.

(Y/n) let his displeasure be known by sticking out his tongue at her. A childish move, but let it be known that Maki Zenin is childish as well.

"Alright, think fast, wise guy!" She was on him immediately with her training staff. She saw the surprise on his face before he'd rolled away. His hands morphing into the ivory furred claws. "What're you waiting for? Hit back."

Maki had closed the distance between them in an instant. She struck him as if he were just another dummy, her form was perfect and her hits precise.

(Y/n) batted her hits away, and seemed to be slowly finding his footing against her. But the unsaid message was loud and clear to the male.

"Hit back." She had said. "If you can."

She noticed his rhythm, he was adjusting to her attacks.

A quick step back, and (Y/n) had followed. "Predictable." Maki simply said, swinging her staff at his head. (Y/n) had leaned back to avoid the hit, but not the kick she had followed up aimed at his abdomen.

(Y/n)'s back met the grass for the umpteenth time, and Maki felt proud of that moment.

"C'mon, what happened to that earlier bravado?" Maki teased. "I thought you were gonna put me on my ass?"

Maki fell silent, her lips pressed into a thin line as she felt the shift in the atmosphere. (Y/n)'s body snapped into place then lunged at her.

He barreled into Maki, pushing her to the ground and snapped at her.

What the hell was going on?!

(Y/n) was growling, snapping at her face with his teeth. He was suddenly capable of overpowering her, Maki acted fast and shoved her staff into his mouth.

Don't move!

(Y/n)'s body tensed, then he bit through the staff. Panda had come in not soon after, tackling the male and tossing him back.

"Senpai!" Kugisaki called out. "You good?"

"I'm fine." Maki kept her eyes on the feral male, eyes glowing red. Had she done this to him? Provoking him was just a tease, even Panda had done so earlier so why did he snap?