Chapter 3.5: Akane's Anecdotes

"Dear Journal,"

"I don't know how long it's been since I've last written in this, but I'm assuming it's been a while. The fact that I had to blow a thick layer of dust off you was enough of a sign. Writing down dates on these entries would've helped too. (Note to future me: Write down dates.) "

"I can't believe that I came back, what I can believe even less is that (Y/n) is with me. That boy somehow convinced me to come back to this life. I'm in awe of how much he takes after me, and a bit scared."

"It's only been a few days since that new First Year: Nobara, joined (Y/n), Yuji, and Megumi. That girl is in a league of her own, and has the skills to make it big. And if (Y/n) is to be believed, then Nobara's lofty goal of living in Tokyo will come to fruition soon enough."

"Speaking of (Y/n), he's improving at a rapid pace. The ambient Cursed Energy here at the school doesn't bother him anymore, he's adjusted. I found it too strange that only after a few days he's able to make laps around the school, without emptying his stomach from the Cursed Energy in the air."

"Maybe I'm overthinking things, but maybe that's just my instinct as a mother. I can't help but be concerned for my own flesh and blood, especially when he's a part of this life."

"I'm glad he doesn't slack off when I tell him to practice, he needs to be proficient with his powers. As of writing this, (Y/n) is now capable of transforming on command. Compared to the others he's still a novice, and his fighting style could use a complete overhaul, but for now baby steps."

Akane's head jerks to the side as she suddenly hears a loud thud emanating from the hall. She raises a brow, and moves to investigate.

Before she can reach the door however, it swings open revealing three out of the four First Year students. Namely, Nobara, Megumi, and (Y/n).

"Hey uh...(L/n) sensei." Kugisaki began. "We were wondering if there were any fire extinguishers here?"

Akane did not want to ask. "Down the hall, there's one on each side."

"Thanks!" replied Kugisaki, the door quickly slammed shut soon after. Akane hoped that those kids didn't cause too much trouble, she returned to her journal.

"So far there's only been training assignments, Satoru takes care of those. While I take care of the actual learning here at the school, I can see why Kento doesn't like the teaching role. It's a bit stifling, and how Satoru does this is beyond me."

Another loud crash from the hall came, and this time Akane wasn't staying seated. She rushed to the door, and pulled it open. Kugisaki rushed past her screaming, armed with a fire extinguisher. (Y/n) passed by her in a state of undress, she could piece two and two together.

"I told you not to use your new form!" She exclaimed.

"Oops!" Said the male and then rushed off.

Akane sighed, returning to her table and shutting her journal. When her eyes returned to her door, all she could see was a bright orange light beginning to grow brighter and brighter from one end of the hall.

"You kids better not be this much trouble, especially when Satoru leaves next week!"