The local hero didn't pause for a moment on this patrol, doing whatever he could to help his city. Of course, he did stop when a kindly lady offered him a churro. She did this every time she saw her. Peter knew she didn't even sell them, it was like she was carrying them all the time. It was quite odd.

Once he was done eating he hurried back to his apartment to change into an old navy shirt and some worn-out jeans. Peter quickly fixed up his messy self-cut hair the best he could.

Soon the teenager was at the front door of Stark Industries looking at the doors before walking in. He couldn't deny the total soup of emotions he was feeling at the moment. It was surreal and almost painful how many memories he had of this place.

Playing pranks on the Avengers with Clint, training with Natasha or Steve, sticking magnets on Bucky's arm, getting fussed at by Bruce for being hurt again...Inventing and tinkering in the lab with Tony.

Peter smiled slightly as he walked up to the lady at reception. Thankfully no guard stopped him this time.

"Uhm, hi ma'am, I got accepted into the internship and wanted to know where I should go?"

The lady looks up at Peter from the slightly raised desk. She looked like a typical sweet older lady, late fifties early sixties most likely, not overly old but you wouldn't call her young anymore.

"Oh, you must be.." She typed away on her monitor for a moment before smiling. "Peter!"

Peter nodded. "Yes ma'am."

The lady tapped her name badge that read Smith. (Made up name)
"You can call me Smith, or Mrs Smith if you're the real polite type. You'll just take that elevator and this ID badge and you'll be taken automatically to your floor."

He took the badge that the lady held up for him to grab. After a short goodbye, he went up to the elevator, being greeted by the familiar voice of F.R.I.D.A.Y.

"Welcome Peter Parker, you will be heading to the 12th floor, please don't go to any floor above 35 without permission from somebody higher up."

Peter gave a soft nod, nostalgia hitting him hard in the chest. It had been a while since he had heard that automated voice. Can you miss a computer?

It didn't take long before he had reached his floor. Peter stepped out and was almost immediately greeted by a middle-aged man. "Ah, you must be Peter yes?"

Before he could even answer the man carried on "My name is Mr. Taylor (made up name) don't forget it." He said firmly.

"I won't sir," Peter said quickly. "I'll remember."

"Great, so you're one of the interns that I got annoyingly assigned with. You'll be working in this room over here." Peter was led into a small room that suspiciously seemed the size of a closet. There was a desk with a computer on it.

"So basically you'll be working on this computer for your internship. You'll be doing inventory. Make sure we have enough supplies being ordered so we don't run out. You won't mess up."

Peter felt... Disappointed. He had been under the impression he was going to work in the labs. "So...I done work in the labs sir?"

Mr. Taylor shot him a glare. "I wouldn't recommend interrupting me again. No you will not be in the labs. There wasn't enough people there to watch you. So this is what you'll be doing. Oh, and also you'll occasionally run coffee to me or whoever ends up ordering it."

Peter didn't say anything he just simply nodded.

"One more thing you'll be doing, some interns and workers will turn in work to you, make sure you put it into the system. Understand?"

"Yes sir."

"Good." With that Mr. Taylor left the room. Leaving Peter alone.

This was... Not what he had been expecting or wanting, but it was too late to back out now. He'd already emailed his two week notice. Besides he needed the money.

So he sat down in the crappy chair by the desk and started on his work.

Ordering more steel? Check. Ordering screws? Check. Ordering...Strawberry Pop-tarts? Check.

Peter realized that only thirty minutes had gone by and he was already bored. It was then he noticed he could hear giggling in the hallway by his door. It sounded like two boys laughing with each other. Then his door opened.

Two boys who looked around 16, were standing in the entrance holding papers. "So, we heard that we had to turn in our work to some intern in here? That you?"

"Uhm, yeah. That's me."

The boy who spoke, the blond, nodded. "Great. Here ya go." He dropped the stack of papers on the desk.

The second boy, who was a brunette did the same. "Don't forget you have to double check the work. It's part of your job!"

Before Peter could ask, the two were gone and he was alone once more. What in the world? Peter was pretty sure that double checking work was not part of his job. Mr. Taylor hadn't said anything about that, but it wasn't worth the risk of being wrong.

Peter had promised himself, that after Mysterio, he would never let anybody lead him on, but here he was doing just that as he scanned over the papers. Typing the work into the computer and fixing the many mistakes that were in them.

It was tedious but at least he had something to do, something other than sitting there.

It was then he realized it was time for his lunch break. 12:00.

Peter stood up, stretching his sore legs and sighing. The email had mentioned that interns get free meals so that was a huge bonus.

Peter headed to the elevator. Smiling slightly as he stepped in.

"Welcome back Peter Parker. Where will you be heading."

"Just Peter would be fine, and uh, cafeteria?" Peter couldn't really remember the layout of the tower, besides Tony had always ordered food.

"Okay Peter."

The next few minutes were quiet as Peter tapped his foot against the floor.

"How has the internship treated you so far Peter?"

Peter blinked and glanced up at the speakers. How was he supposed to answer that? Sure FRIDAY was simply AI, but she was a really intelligent AI.

"It's been interesting." Peter decided that was a safe response.

"I hope you have been practicing lab safety." Was the response he received. More proof that somebody was yanking Peter around on a chain. Though he wasn't surprised. He didn't have good luck.

"We have arrived, do enjoy your break Peter."

Peter nodded and walked out of the elevator, only to be greeted with a collision.

"Ah shit."

"CLINT!"