The Liar, The Witch, and the Curse

Aureate Perennial

Aureate

adjective

of a golden color or brilliance aureate light

Perennial

adjective
lasting or existing for a long or apparently infinite time; enduring or continually recurring

noun
A perennial plant or simply perennial is a plant that lives more than two years.

"May the Aureate Perennials shine on you...."

| Prologue 

Perhaps things could have changed if there was something or anything in between.

Maybe if he asked, maybe if he was brave enough.

The witch ruefully thinks. As the liar stood before him, continuous tears ran down this liar's cheeks as if he had amassed the world's sins.

"M-my friend..." the liar wept, and the woeful sight of that beautifully crying face before the witch sent an unexplainable amount of pang to his chest. Next to this pain would be the dagger struck on the witch's chest.

'A friend I was...'

"Ah... you have really chosen this..." the witch breathed shallowly. He wanted to break down because of the wound, no, it was because of how his heart ached beyond comparison to the gash across his chest. The poison laced in the dagger was now running through his veins and would soon circulate through his body and render his wiccan abilities useless.

"I— ...I'm sorry... P-please... I really am...!" If it was possible to picture someone who could choke on their own tears, stifle on the hiccups coming from their throat, and scrunch their face as if he had nothing left in the world. That was what's reflected on the liar's face. "I didn't want this... please... b-believe me!"

There's no way the witch could feel the same as he once did.

Whenever the liar sobbed like that, he would always believe his words and believe that he was the victim due to those tears. That delicate appearance crying brilliant tears. The witch would soothe him, embrace him, comfort him, and whisper 'I believe you...' to the liar so that he feels like he's the main character of this world, that he had all reasons to be trusted and loved unlike any other.

But what could he do now?

His love was still here, but the numbness of the betrayal, the pain of finding out things one after the other overshadowed his affections.

"I—"

"—Stop!"

The witch pleads with a raspy voice, throat sorely burnt. Finally, his eyes watered on their own, his body feeling pity over its own pain and the hardships it went through. "—Do not talk... please..."

Why must you lie to me?

"You... you...." he starts as he felt the pain sink into him more. Underneath him, the cold cobbled floor flashed several illuminated lines connecting each other under the people's mantra. A large formation circle was formed and he felt the depths of his soul be bound by something.