Chapter Six: Infatuation or Love?

Spotify: Heaven by Niall Horan

"Lilian Posh! What are you still doing here in bed? Don't you have charms class this morning?," Samantha Dale practically shouted, close to my face.

I groggily got up and looked her in the eyes confused. She was all dressed up and was ready to leave for the class. I widened my eyes in panic.

"Wha- what time is it?," I said in a shaky voice.

"It's almost half past 8, you sleepyhead. You better hurry now. You are definitely late for class," Samantha replied.

I rushed out of the bed and got ready as fast as I physically can. Great, Lilian. This is what you get for staying up late last night. I laid in bed all night half excited and half anxious about seeing Sebastian in class the next day. And before I knew it, other anxious thoughts entered my brain. This is not unusual for me. It's either sleepless nights waking up from nightmares or just my own anxiety keeping me up at times. But not usually on weekdays when I had to get up early for classes.

I floo flamed to charms class as I really had no choice. But even then, class has already started. I tried to sneak in but the layout of the classroom made it impossible.

"Ahh... look who we have here. Good of you to join us, Miss Posh. A little mishap this morning, did we?," Professor Ronen announced.

All eyes on me and I suddenly turned crimson red.

"I'm sorry, Professor," I replied short as I really had no other excuse.

"Alright. Take a seat, Miss Posh. I will forgive you this time since you aren't normally late for my class," Professor Ronen said with a smile.

I nodded in thanks and quickly took a seat next to Natty. After all eyes returned to Professor Ronen who continued teaching the class, Natty leaned over and whispered.

"What happened to you this morning?"

"I'll explain later," I replied and gave her a reassuring look.

I scanned the room around after catching my breath. There he is. I locked my eyes with a pair of hazel eyes staring back at me. He had a puzzled and slightly worried look on his face. He raised his eyebrows in questions and I smiled sheepishly at him. He sighed and gave me a smile before returning his attention back to Professor Ronen.

————————————"————————————

I was explaining to Natty about how I was late because I had stayed up all night when I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Lilian Posh. I see you've changed since I missed a few days of school. Coming late to class? If I don't know you better, I would say my influence is rubbing off on you," Sebastian said with a devilish smile on his face. Ominis was right behind him as usual.

"Se- Sebastian," I greeted him without much comeback to his comment. His hair is now shorter compared to the last time I saw him. I like that he listened to me. Cheeks still sunken and slight shadows cast under his eyes but he looks much more better.

"Oh give this girl a break. She was up all night, excited for today," Natty teased.

I gasped and immediately reddened. I shot Natty a look that showed I was shocked at her betrayal.

"Today? Something exciting happening today?," Sebastian asked.

How dense can this boy get?

Natty and Ominis giggled while I just got redder.

Sebastian, with an even more puzzled look, said, "I don't know what's so funny?"

"Oh come on now, Sebastian. Let's leave the girls be. We have our next electives to attend," Ominis said, rescuing me.