Chapter 1 - Begin with a smile

UNREQUITED TO LOVE HER

CHAPTER 1: Begin With A Smile

Knock knock....

"Mom, school bus is here, I'll just lock the door,continue sleeping,okay?" katana said hurriedly

"Did you eat your breakfast?"
Katana's mom asked.

"Yes mommy!"

"Get your money at the top of the fridge. Bye bebe! By the way defrost the chicken later once you're back home." her mom retorted.

"Yes mom.." she replied

The school bus already arrived at school when katana's friends also just arrived at school.

"Good Morning! Hi pam, hi dani and Hi keiko, was that your mom who drove you here? "

"Yes, that was mom,"

"Hmmpp, I wasn't able to say hi to your mom and to your little sister. I'll visit you this weekend anyways. Let's go first to our locker to get our things." katana replied.

"Let's go!" they said in unison

While walking, katana saw Lana in the corridor with her friends, she whispered to keiko and said
"I really don't know what's going on with me but everytime I'm seeing Lana there's this pounding sound in my heart and my heart is so happy everytime I'm seeing her. Help me keiko, I think I'm gonna die.." katana said exasperatedly.

"C'mon, not today katana, we're in a hurry, flag ceremony will start in 10 minutes. See her again downstairs during flag retreat. Let's go leave our things in the classroom first before we go in the field and fall in line with our classmates." Keiko replied.

It was a routine in this school before a class begin that they start the day with flag ceremony and excercise as well as finishing their rosary. It was enough time for katana to stare and look at Lana. It was also enough for katana to create a small talk with Lana since they belong to the same school year level, Lana is just the next line with katanas' section.

"Hi Lana!! Watch me dance, I can do a creap walk, see... "
Katana said to Lana

"How can you do that? Teach me.." Lana replied,excitedly

"Ofcourse,,"

Katana's friends was looking at her wondering why she was being cute with Lana, it was only keiko who knows about katana's feeling for Lana because keiko was in a relationship with Lana's friends, ellie.

While the flag ceremony was not yet starting, katana went to Lana's line and taught Lana how to creap dance.

"First just point your tiptoe like this then lift the back of your foot,then you just sway and alternate it this way,got it?" katana explained.

"Easy peacey, let me try...
Like this? Am I doing it right?" Lana asked.

It was always a magical feeling with katana everytime she gets a chance to talk to Lana though for her, at the back of her mind, it was always a question what's this she was feeling for Lana.

i love you
And I need you
Nelly I love you, I do
And it's more than you never know
Boy it's for sure, you know ......

It was a song on katana's school bus going home and everyone can see that katana was daydreaming.

Ring...ring ...

"Mommy, I just arrived home, why are you calling?"

" I just wanted to remind you to defrost the chicken, what do you want? Chicken stew or fried?" Katana's mom asked.

"I want fried chicken mommy, I'll cook it ,I'll make half of the chicken spicy, would that be okay?"

"Mine is not spicy bebe and I want the leg part. Finish your assignment, I still have one class left then I'll go home." Her mom said.

"Okay then mom, bye ..."

Katana's mom would call her bebe from time to time and would make katana feel warmed everytime her mom called her that way.

Katana was a simple typical girl that would do home work once she got home from school, surf net, and chat on messenger with friends.

Typing....

".....keiko, hear me out, If it's not love then what is it?"

"Would you want me to set you up with Lana? I' ll ask help with hon (ellie) "

"I cannot yet, I'm still in confusion when it comes to my feelings, but how did you know that it was love with ellie?" Katana asked

"With ellie,you knew that it was love at first sight and thanks God that the feeling was mutual then it was developed. Why don't you give it a try?" Keiko answered.

"Maybe if I got the courage already. I'll let you know once I've decided. By the way are you done with our assignment in trigonometry? I'm done with science, let me copy your answer in trigo then I'll let you copy my answer in science. I'll ask the schoolbus to arrive early tom. so we can still have time. " katana replied.

"I will treat my hair tom. morning with mayonnaise, Ive seen videos that mayonnaise was great for conditioning hair, I'll try it early tom morning so I'll also be early tom. See you and goodnight. "Keiko replied

"Love u and sleepwell keiko,"katana replied.

It was early in the morning when keiko was drying her hair in front of the electricfan on the corner of the room when katana arrived.

"Hi keiko, Good morning!"
Katana hugs keiko while keiko was still brushing her hair infront of the electricfan.

" You're here ellie, Good morning! Long time no see, did you see?...." katana said to ellie with a big smile in her face .

"Who? "Ellie asked.

"Nevermind,.. I'll let you know once I've decided that you could help me," katana said with a smirk in her face.

"C'mon katana, just tell ellie, she'll know anyways, you know how persistent ellie is, she'll never stop bugging until she knows it. she's not a fun of secrets and hon will not stop asking me that . " Keiko said.

While keiko was saying that, lana's group was passing by in the corridor heading to the next room.

" Hey, Lana! "
ellie called Lana.

"What's with today, everyone was early, Did you just arrived?"
ellie asked lana.

"Yes, I woke up too early today. It's hard for me to sleep this past few days. why'd you ask?" Lana said.

"Are you on your way to our classroom?" ellie asked.

"Yes, why?" Lana replied

"We still have one hour and a half before flag ceremony starts ,ahmm...can you help us with the trigo assignment?" ellie.

ellie knows that Lana was an achiever in their year level and ellie knows that Lana is topnotch when it comes to math.

Besides, keiko already told ellie that katana will copy her assignment on math. But keiko wasn't sure with her answers so ellie thought that maybe Lana could help katana with hers.

Katana widened her eyes and looked at keiko, katana walked towards keiko and whispered

"Did you tell ellie that Im having a hard time with trigo and that I'll just copy on you?"

Keiko smirk and said

"You' re welcome🤭" keiko said, with that cheeky grin on her face.

To be continued....