Year 1: Into The New World

Hanni looked over to the side, noticing the guy from earlier. He resembled Hanni quite a bit in terms of appearance. She could see him curiously looking at her, but stopped when his friends arrived. He resumed eating his meal without giving his friends a single glance.

She felt a tiny poke from her left side. "Hi, I'm Eunchae!" Hanni was taken aback by the suddenly energetic girl, "uhm... hey, I'm Hanni." She awkwardly extended her hands stiffly to shake hands with Eunchae as the latter took it quite excitedly.

"It's really nice to meet you! I can tell we'll be good friends," Eunchae then took a bite of her food, but abruptly spat it out. "I should've chosen the other plate... I want my Mom's food now," the latter mumbled quietly to herself.

"You can have my plate," Hanni offered as Eunchae refused.

"It's alright, I'm not hungry anyways," Hanni lied. At that exact moment, her stomach began to growl. "How about we just share?" She offered once again as Eunchae chuckled. "Alright," she pushed her plate away and put Hanni's in between the both of them.

"I wonder how Danielle and Haerin are doing..." Hanni murmured.

"Did you say something?" Eunchae asked. Hanni nodded, "I'm just wondering how my friends are doing in the other houses."

"They're probably doing alright! Everyone seems really nice so far," she smiled with reassurance. Hanni only hummed in response while looking around the room. "Do you have any friends here?"

The other girl puts her utensils down, "Actually, I do."

"I'm childhood friends with two Slytherins, but they're in different years." Hanni's attention is drawn to the direction Eunchae is pointing. "It's the two girls in the left corner. Their names are Kazuha and Chaewon!"

Both of them had an extremely beautiful profile, but also a comical appearance as of right now. The two girls were fighting over the remaining cupcake on the table quite dramatically.

"I should introduce you to them sometime!"

Hanni smiled widely, "That'd be great!"

It was the first day of the school year. After an hour of doing Herbology, they had a ten minute break that Hanni needed to remove the dust and dirt all over her uniform and face.

She went to the girls bathroom to look in the mirror and to get rid of any remaining dirt. She looked at herself and checked the uniform to see if there were any messy spots left. She heard the bathroom stall door open, revealing the Minji girl from earlier.

The shorter girl unconsciously stared at her for a little bit as Minji washed her hands. "Why are you staring at me? Mind your own business," she coldly said.

"I—uhm, sorry..." Hanni snapped out of it and looked down at the floor in embarrassment. She heard the taller girl scoff in response.

Hanni stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. Minji finished washing her hands and came closer to her, flicking the water from her undried hands onto Hanni.

She flinched at the sudden coldness hitting her face, "W–What was that for?"

"You need to wake up."

Minji went over to get some paper towels to dry her hand, and left the bathroom shortly without looking back. Hanni stared at the door blankly, trying to process what just happened. "Uhm, okay..." she mumbled to herself.

She shook her head and went back to the task at hand. She had removed all the dirt and dust off and headed back to Herbology class. For the next hour or so, she listened to the teacher talk about the subject, bored out of her mind. At first, Hanni thought the mandrake creature was kinda cute, but she quickly changed her opinion when she tried to pet it and received a bite to the finger in return.