s3e5 | how was the fall

Start from the beginning

"Don't blame us! We're the sidekicks at best in this group and you know it!" Tang stammered.

"I can always fight it off, considering a certain someone is busy sitting around doing nothing." you began to approach the doors, sparing a harsh glance towards the floating Wukong.

Before you could even make it to the doors, summoning your dagger in your hands, you suddenly faltered in place, nearly falling to the floor.

Crack.

"Kid!" Pigsy yelled, running over to your side with Tang following not long after. "Are you okay?!"

"I'm okay.." You let out a quiet groan of pain, holding your hand to your chest. "I.. think I just hit my limit for now from flying."

"This 'curse' thing is really messin' with you kid, you gotta take it easy." Pigsy sighed, giving you a concerned look.

"Right! You should take a break!" Tang declared with a huff. "Don't overuse your powers like Monkey King said!"

"Yeah, yeah, I get that.." you rolled your eyes, as Tang and Pigsy helped you back on your feet. "I'll take it easy for now so that when I need to head back, I'll manage to survive."

The banging suddenly grew louder once more, making the three of you jump in surprise.

"What do we DO?!" Tang cried, shaking intensely.

Pigsy furrowed his eyebrows, glancing around the room, before his eyes landed on the meditating Wukong. With an idea formulated in his head, he ran towards the simian and grabbed him by the jacket collar, holding him up.

"W-Wait, Pigsy!" Tang yelped, running over towards the pig with you following after. "It's-"

" 'Dangerous to wake someone up from a transcendental meditation.' " Pigsy rolled his eyes. "I know, I know! But so is whatever is out there!"

"Pigsy has a point, and I can't exactly fight right now." you frowned. "We.. might have to wake up Wukong for this one."

"Okay, I have an idea." Pigsy let go of Wukong, taking a step back, before suddenly pulling out an oven mitt, placing it over his hand. "I've been saving this for a special occasion."

Pigsy reached into his pocket with the oven mitt, slowly pulling a small white pepper.

"Tang, (Name), I present the Chaos Ultra Ghost Pepper of Doom!" Pigsy yelled, holding up the pepper for all to see.

"It feels like my eyes are about to catch on fire just from looking at it.." you winced, taking a step back.

"No kidding!" Pigsy chuckled. "It's so hot, you'll get third-degree burns just from looking at it!"

"Uhm, are you sure you should be keeping that in your pocket?" Tang sweatdropped.

"Well, if anything's going to wake up Monkey King, it'll be this." Pigsy huffed, before charging forward and forcing the pepper into the simian's mouth. "Incoming!"

Wukong's eyes immediately opened once the pepper was swallowed, instantly rising out of meditation-- the sheer force of power coming from the simian nearly knocking the three of you back.

Wukong landed on the ground, slowly turning his head towards the three of you.

"Stand back, Master!" Wukong suddenly spoke out of nowhere with confidence in his tone. "Sun Wukong will handle this demon!"

You, Tang and Pigsy collectively deadpanned in confusion.

────────────

Wukong kicked the van doors open, jumping outside and looking for the creature that was attacking the van from outside.