Vol. 3/ Chapter 3: Misaligned goals

Start from the beginning

"That's bigger than most Originium based bullets like what the Sanktas use. It's a .60 caliber hannya special, only built and made in here." Franziska said rather proudly.

It was a powerful caliber, not just by name. The round itself is imposing to look at, with the brass casing being close to the size of a rifle round. It was the perfect intimidation weapon, and it's performance? Really on a whole new level.

“Is this a gun issued to everyone here?” Lee asked out of curiosity. If these were the type of guns that's being used by people like them, then shouldn't they be the most sought after company in terms of weapon manufacturing?

“No, it's only issued to special agents such as Franz here.” Hera answered the question. They both looked at her, and they saw that she was smiling.

“What?” Franziska asked, raising an eyebrow at her friend.

“Nothing, I just thought that... you look a lot like each other. Or maybe it's the horns, it's probably the horns, ain't it?”

Hera said and squinted her eyes as it darted back and forth between Lee and Franziska. When standing up, Lee stood almost 5 inches taller than her, but they technically could be mistaken as somewhat related because of the colour of their horns. The only difference was that Franz's left horn was chipped.

“It's...yeah, it's probably the horns. The hair don't match colors though.” Lee said, embarrassed mostly due to how casual the conversation changed. From aiming at each other with a gun point blank, to sitting across his kidnappers while discussing what type of caliber their bullets was, it all felt surreal.

“Hmm, hmm, at least you two have something in common now. People who have the same interests often get along pretty well.” Hera said, referring to their recent topic. She was true on some extent, but sometimes interests change.

"Oh well, time for business." Hera clapped her hands, and her expression also changed from that of a relaxed person to one that's determined to win over something.

Or someone.

"So Lee, here's the deal. I can see in your eyes that you don't even half trust us, so I'll answer all of your questions, and in return, you'll hear my offer out.” Hera offered as she stared at him intently, her emerald orbs making him feel like he's standing in the edge of a cliff.

Lee thought about it for a minute. From the very looks of it, she has immense power and charisma to win over people, and this Armatek organization sounds like the real deal. The view alone from the huge glass window to his left indicates they were quite high up. He also had to know just what made these guys interrupt his peaceful life with Jane, Nino and Alpha.

Wait a minute, speaking of Alpha...

When he defended their house from the armed group they sent, he knows he managed to kill one or two of them. However, what he wasn't sure about was how Alpha fared? Did she manage to wipe a squad out when they got separated? He needed to know.

“You guys... Did you also kidnap my friend? The one with Ashen hair? Her eyes are heterochromia, and she's a very skilled swordsmaster, even though shes annoying as f–”

“Actually,” Hera cut his sentence off. “She was our main target, however you were the one that Adelaide's team encountered, so they took you instead.”

Lee's mouth was left open as he thought about what she said. How the hell did Alpha involved herself into something this...deep? Are these guys the same organization they encountered almost 2 months before?

“What the... She's the target? Wait, wait, wait. Are you the same organization that we stumbled upon into before?” Lee asked warily, glancing back and forth at the two women around him.