Surrounded By Friends

Começar do início

She didn't tell Hyesun where she was going as she left her apartment on her own to go to Taesoo's studio. During the drive she went over everything she wanted to say to him over and over and over until the words were muddled in her head. All too soon they arrived at Lightbeat Entertainment and Sanghee was walking inside. She walked the familiar way to Taesoo's studio before knocking on his door. It doesn't take long before Taesoo is opening it towering over her.

"Come in," he says quietly. They walk into the studio and Taesoo motions for them to sit.

"I called you here because-"

"I think I should go first," Sanghee interrupts. She watches as Taesoo clenches his jaw, his hands balling into fists on his lap. Normally she'd be apologizing for interrupting him but not this time. Sanghee is done listening to his excuses and him justifying his behavior. Better she breaks up with him now before he's convincing her to stay for the nth time.

"Really Sanghee I should go first," Taesoo says gruffly.

"Fine. Talk," she sighs but her body remains tense.

"Sanghee...I'm breaking up with you" Taesoo says and Sanghe's breath hitches. She wasn't expecting that.

"You...you're what?" she questions.

"I'm breaking up with you.." Taesoo repeats but the shock doesn't wear off.

"I know this might be hard to hear but for a while now I haven't really had any feelings for you and after talking with Jisoo last week-" at the mention of that woman Sanghee sits straighter in her seat.

"When were you with Jisoo?"

"I dunno. Some time last week. Why does it matter?" Taesoo huffs rolling his eyes.

"What day last week?" Sanghee presses. She could feel her chest warm with developing anger.

"Like Thursday or something?"

"That's why you couldn't show up for our date? You were with her?" it shouldn't hurt. It really shouldn't since she's here to break up with him but jealousy and hurt burns away at her chest.

"Sanghee that doesn't matter-"

"It does."

"I'm literally breaking up with you right now! It doesn't matter!" Taesoo shouts.

"It does because you did it while we were together!" Sanghee shouts back, feeling her chest heave with anger. She sucks in a breath holding back her tears. She's not going to do this, she will not cry in front of Taesoo again, never again.

"You know what..." she starts as she stands from the chair "You're right, it doesn't matter. I was here to break up with you anyway so you did me a favor I guess." a bitter chuckle leaves her mouth as she pulls her hat off running her fingers through her hair a few times.

"You what?" Taesoo questions jumping up "You were going to break up with me?" Sanghee scoffs at his confusion. He'd said the words first so why the hell is he so surprised.

"Why is that so surprising? You were going to break up with me"

"Yeah but-" he starts but Sanghee holds a hand up, cutting him off.

"No buts. Like you said we're broken up now so it doesn't matter" she turns to walk away to be done but gets held back.

"Sanghee wait!" Taesoo grabs her wrist. The pressure he puts on her wrist hurts, hurts more when she tries to yank it away.

"What? What now? For once we both agree to something, we want to end this relationship so let me walk away. Please," she says, prying his hand off her wrist. Taesoo holds on giving her wrist the smallest squeeze before he releases her.