Chapter One: New Beginning

Jake POV

"Clothes?"

"Check."

"Toothbrush and toothpaste?"

"Check."

Me and my dad were scanning around when I fully packed. I transferred to a boarding school in a different dimension that was created by magic.

Each of us, we all have a different world that we live in and where we come from because that's how our story goes. But I always hate, the world we live in separately from our different categories; heroes vs misunderstood people. I don't like the word "villains" because I think most of them can be different from their parents.

That's where I learned from my big brother, Reggie.

The only reason why I want to leave Underland is, to go to the boarding school with him. So I can learn and get along with the villain kids. But here's the only problem with traveling to another world. But my dad has other plans than that.

"Father!! Have you seen my hat??" I shout. "I know, it's in here somewhere. I muttered when I scanned my bedroom.

"I don't think so. Is it in your closet!!"

(Jake's bedroom is sort of something like this but it has a walked-in closet)

I looked through my closet, running through my dirty clothes that were piling up. Since I forgot to wash it before I leave. Usually, I'm good with organizing and keeping things clean but I'm very very busy with packing, and saying goodbye to our good friends from Underland.

Suddenly, I felt something nudge behind my back and I immediately turned around. Seeing my hat floating around the air it is obvious who took my hat. He always loved my father's hat when he was younger back when him and Alice tried to save Underland.

I haven't met Alice but I heard she's a lovely girl who saves Underland countless times she lives in... what's the place again? England? What a funny but strange name for a mysterious place, isn't it? My family hasn't seen her in years and they already miss her. My father wants me to meet her but she's spending time with her family. Which is understandable.

I quickly took it but it ran away or disappeared from him. "Cheshire!! Please, I don't have time for this. I'm going to be late for the first day of boarding school."

"I always love this hat. It's very... you, Jake." He continues. "I just don't understand why you want to go someplace other than Underland with strange people?" He said as he appeared with his tail.

"We discussed this, Cheshire." My father said. "it's important to my boys to have more socializing than our world and meeting new people, I mean with... humans around his age. Just like his brother, Reggie, and his girlfriend."

I put on my hat on my head, so I wouldn't forget. My dad is very... admire my hat because he said, it's different but unique. It was my very first one to make when I was 7. My hat is mostly black but it has a gold diamond pattern (top and bottom), with a fabric. With black but gold is on each side around the hat.

A fake black and gold flower pin is attached middle of the hat. Plain black fabric wrapped into a messy bow. There are multiple feathers with dark and light orange feathers and random patterns all scrunch up together.

I think my younger self wants something edgy but with a slight of gold. My dad let me and my brother design our hats for ourselves and be creative. Reggie wants a slightly colorful but the main course is black and white.

"I think, I got everything," I mumble as I'm looking around my room, making sure I forgot to grab or need anything.

"Well, if you forget and you can always come back here." My father said. "Come. I think you're going to be late and everyone wants to see you one last time before you go."

I grabbed my suitcase and two of my duffle bags for who knows how long I'm staying. Reggie did come and visit us as much as he could. He loves it there. He meets most of the surprisingly nice people, especially the villains' kids.

But he also said, to be careful who you can trust because you never know if they are capable of being good or not. But to me, I will take my chances and I am kinda old enough to make my own choices.

As I walked outside of the house that I grew up in. Never thought I was moving out at sixteen years old. Reggie is kinda my age when he's intended of Storybrooke High which is the only boarding school for both, heroes and villains to come together. In Peace.

But, I'm kinda surprised that a headmaster has a whole lot of trust in the villain's kids. For not trying to attack us or ambush us. Indeed, they want to give those children to prove themselves if they follow in their parent(s) footsteps.

As I glanced around. I saw our White Queen at the top of the hill from the staircase, who was smiling proudly; when I got an invitation to transfer to Storybrook High. I'm assuming there is an age limit but it depends on how many of them graduated or the dorm rooms are available.

Walking around for each of my family and friends giving them a hug and goodbye and I jokingly told them, to look out for my dad and get him out of trouble. I walked to my father and hugged him as long as I could before we pulled away.

"Good luck, my boy." He whispers to me. "No matter what path you take, I'll support you as long as you're happy."

I smiled and I mouthed at him saying 'Thank you' before walking up the steps as the White Queen stood with a huge smile on her face.

"You have been growing up so fast, Jake." She took my hands, once I reached the top. "Are you ready for you're adventure?"

I nodded before I glanced at my father who trying his hardest not to cry. Because his two children are going to another dimension than our homelands. I'm sure, I could visit him often.

She took out a key when we separated our hands, which opened and traveled to each portal of a specific place that I was ready to go. She unlocked the invisible door and opened it so that it revealed my fate.

Here goes nothing. Time for my adventure.

Words counted; 1101

I hope you enjoyed so many updates and I'm so so sorry for the lack of motivation and updates. I am incredibly busy with the outside of social media; family, my sister, macramé garlands and so many other things.

So, anyways. HAPPY PRIDE MONTH to all those pretty pretty people. No matter who you are; YOU ARE VALID. Don't let anyone tell you any difference!!

Be safe and have an amazing day!! ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜