"I know!" Noah chuckles as she tightly hugs the blonde's waist.

"You know what that means?" Jess asks as she pulls away to look into Noah's eyes, watching her shake her head. "We get to see Penelope's show tonight!"

"I'm glad you're excited," Noah giggles.

"I'm nervous," Jess says as they begin their walk to the bookstore.

"I knew you would be."

"I have to impress her—"

"You don't have to impress anyone," Noah reminds her. "I like you and I don't see that changing, so you don't have to be nervous about impressing anyone. Just me liking you will be enough for Penelope to love you."

"You think so?"

"I know so," Noah smiles and taps Jess' nose.

"That makes me feel better," The blonde says, letting a smile paint her lips.

"Will you come to mine before the show?" Noah asks as she intertwines her fingers with Jess'. "I have something I wanna show you."

"What is it?"

"It's a surprise."

"Noah," Jess whines. "You know that makes me nervous."

"It's a good one, I promise," Noah giggles.

"This isn't one of your dirty jokes is it?"

"No, c'mon, I'm not that bad," Noah says with a smirk.

"If I didn't know your heart, I'd think all you care about is getting in my pants," Jess tells her.

"Is that really what you think?"

"Well, I know you and I know you want more than that. I didn't know you could be so dirty until we started dating."

"Dating," Noah notes. "Is that what this is?"

"Oh, here we go," Jess groans as she playfully rolls her eyes. "We've never had the discussion, I know, but you know I just say things off the top of my head. Don't make me start overthinking—"

"Alright," Noah chuckles at Jess' rambling. "Let's just set it straight now, then."

"We're dating," Jess says as she reaches across her stomach to hold Noah's arm with her free hand.

"Which means that..."

"We're exclusive, but we're also still testing the waters," The blonde explains.

"We're exclusive?" Noah asks with a fake scared expression.

"Noah!" Jess exclaims and hits the girl's arm.

"Ow, okay!" Noah laughs. "I'm sorry. Yes, we're exclusive and testing the waters, even though you've already passed in my books."

"Well, you get knocked down a grade every time you try to make me overthink and make a dirty joke."

"I see how it is," Noah says as they stop outside the bookstore. "You let me know when I get an A+ and we'll reevaluate."

"When do you think that'll be?" Jess questions, wanting to know where Noah's head is at.

"I don't know, you're the one who wants to test the waters."

"I just want us to take our time," Jess mutters. "I wanna do this right."

"I know. But I'd ask you to marry me if time and age wasn't a concept," Noah says, making the blonde smile. "You're everything to me. That's where my head's at. Okay?"