Chapter 3

Authors POV

Nina laid on her bed crying and sobbing the hardest she has since she arrived. she couldn't believe that Fabian actually moved on and was dating Mara, whom they both had much in common with. She only came back to see Fabian and of course Amber, but she was hoping that everything would've went back to the way it was when she ran into Fabians open, warm arms. She tried to calm herself down but it was no use, until there was a knock on the door.

"Wh-who is it?" She stuttered, trying to sound descent enough to talk.

"Nina? It's Fabian." he said softly.

"Go away!" She yelled but it was no use. Fabian barged in the room to find her now on the hardwood floor crying harder and harder.

"Nina" Fabian said softly.

"Fabian! I said to go away!"she yelled.

"No! Not until you tell me what's wrong! When we mentioned you Gran you just all of a sudden became upset. why is that?" He asked.

"Why should I tell you!? Why are you even up here? Just go back to your girlfriend!" Nina yelled and started sobbing harder into her hands.

"Nina, if that's what this is about, I'm-"

"Sorry? I know. and No that's not what this is about. I loved you Fabian I-I...it had nothing to do with Mara and you. If only you knew." she stopped sobbing for a moment and looked to the floor.

"Knew what?" Fabian said shutting the door and coming to join her on the floor.

"It doesn't matter okay so-"

"Nina! Tell me! I want to know!" He begged.

Nina sighed before going on. She knew that Fabian cared but it just wasn't enough that he moved on from her.

"The reason why I got upset was because..." Nina stopped and tried to hold back the tears coming into her eyes.

"Come on Nina" Fabian said Patting her back.

"-because my Gran died 5 months ago" Nina finally said.

Fabian was taken back. He had no idea that this had taken place. But now he realized Nina needed him more now than ever.

"Nina. I'm-I'm so sorry" he said pulling her into a hug.

"I-it's all my falt. I am a terrible granddaughter" she cried harder.

"Nina, no your not. Don't worry about this okay? We are... I'm here for you" he padded her back and rubbed circles around it.

Nina slightly calmed down a bit. She didn't understand why Fabian was doing this even after he moved on to Mara.

"Fabian, why are you doing this? Why are you up here? You have a...girlfriend, Mara and you need to worry about her not me" he stood up.

"Yes but your still my best friend" he smiled. Fabian got up, looked her in the eyes and said "you will always be my best friend" he said softly before turning around and shutting the door leaving Nina to her thoughts.

~meanwhile~
Everyone gathered in the living room and was laughing and talking about there summers until Fabian came into the room.

While he was upstairs the beans were spread to Amber that Fabian and Mara were dating.

Amber got up and slapped Fabian's arm as hard as she could.

"Ow! Amber what was that for?" He wined.

Amber pinched his nose and took him into the hall way so they could talk without a crowd.

"How dare you date Mara!" She hit his other arm.

"Ow! Stop it!" He complained once more.

"Yeah that's right I know your little secret! So now I know why Nina cried herself to sleep last night!" She beckoned.

"Well I fixed it!" He whisper screamed.

"Oh you will!" She said marching upstairs to see Nina.

When Fabian entered the family room he sat by Mara, of course.

"Hey" he said reaching for her hand but she rolled her eyes and snatched her away and crossed her arms not looking at him.

"Mara, what's wrong?" he asked.

"You went upstairs to see Nina after I asked you not too" she said giving him the 'I can't believe you' face.

"Mara I'm sorry, it's just I was worried about her" he said sympathetically.

"Promise you won't talk to her again." Mara said. Fabian gave her the "please no" expression. "I mean it Fabian. I thought you wanted to be with me"

"I do-"

"Well then prove it. Stop feeling sorry for her and wanting to make it better. Okay?" She asked.

"Okay" he sighed.

<•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated and sorry for it being kinda short! I will try to get another chapter maybe by tonight or tomrorow! I hope you guys are enjoying it!
Sibuna