Chapter 1: Laugh of the Mad Queen.

Time would drift, ticking in place.

It would run on an hourglass, the sands of time slipping by the second, and it fell down to meet with the pile.

A God was bored while looming over the city with a darkened face, nothing was keeping him interested. Not even the plague, wars started by other Gods and even the newest soul he took in possession to play with was not fully grown so he is not able to mess with the Ice Empress' life.

The Dark Queen's voice echoed suddenly as he stood.

"If only I could go back to the past-" The voice started, the God of trickery snickers thinking which soul is it this time? He leans in over to find a place- another world where magic existed in a medieval setting.

Those types of worlds he never gets bored of.

He decided to confide and see what the soul wishes.

"I want to kill... KILL!"

The voice echoes even louder, by the mention of a murder he suddenly smirked, standing straight he went to see the soul's life and observed its past.

He blinks, feeling a bit bored watching the soul's past, so the Dark Queen had fallen for a leech. "Ah the classic romance trope being betrayed by your own husband for the throne, how tragic but fun to see..."

He stared at the soul's spiritual state, where its color grew red of anger.

"Mortal being you wish for a second life?" The god of trickery mutters holding a bundle of cards in his hands. The cards of fate which he possesses, to guide the humans or play with them until he's satisfied he uses them for his own entertainment.

"What would be your fate? My cards would decide." He smiles, snapping his finger. All the cards begin to flutter out, it flies and hovers over facing their back to God.

He pulls out a finger pointing at each card humming a tune.

"Iny mini miny moe~" He happily hums, the cards begin to shuffle so fast no human would be able to keep up.

"Stop right there, little card." He commanded happily and the card did follow. The card separated from the deck and to the hands of God, it went. "Let's see what we have over here- oh?"

The card revealed it was empty, be it so.

Only once in a century will it unfold.

He was impressed and gained interest towards the mortal, such luck it may be for her to grant this wish.

Now she can go ahead, build her rage and go on to fulfill her revenge.

"How lucky this mortal is, for Celestia has heard its wish. A second life she craves, a second life she shall have." The God began to yawn and with the flick of his hand, the card burst into flames as he grinned in pleasure at the results.