"Yes, Lucy, my dear."

◇◇◆◇◆◇◇

A contented reunion, squealing about the pregnancy, and 'I would have punched you for disappearing like that if you weren't pregnant' by Vaishali later the new pair were comfortably settled in their rooms and the soon-to-be parents couple was back to the confines of their cozy bedroom.

"I was really angry, you know," Lucy said, swinging her legs as she sat on the edge of the bed, "thinking that you were late the very first day. But you were just running errands for me."

"Don't stress, love," Nik laughed, dumping her bags onto the bed as he occupied a place next to her. "Everything I do is for you and our little bean."

"I know." she smiled, pulling her duffle bag onto her lap and unzipping it, "you can be late sometimes, but just sometimes, okay? Only when it's urgent. Don't leave me alone, alright?"

"Will never dream of it, love." he chuckled, following her movements as she began pulling out stuff from the bag.

"Is that my Henley?" he asked with a hint of humor in his tone, raising his brows at the item in Lucy's hand.

"Yeah." she laughed softly, caressing it to her face as she inhaled deeply, "It reminded me of you when I was away."

"You're flattering me now, love." he chuckled, tucking a hair behind her ear before cupping her cheek.

"Come on." she laughed, keeping her hand over his. "I'm not kidding."

"I know." he smiled, leaning forward to kiss her lips gently before she tugged him in, shuffling closer.

She pushed the backpack out of her lap, feeling his fingers pull out the rubber band tying her hair up in a loose ponytail as they continued to kiss, Niklaus climbing over as she felt her back touch the bedsheet.

"Shit, shit," he pulled away suddenly, squeezing his eyes shut.

"What happened?" she frowned from beneath him.

"Shit, I'm so sorry," he screwed his eyes shut in embarrassment. "I forgot I had to meet Marcel about half an hour ago already."

"Oh." she said, her face uncontrollably morphing into a frown.

"I'm so so sorry, love, I actually forgot, and this is the worst time to remember but-"

"It's okay." she nodded even though her face said otherwise, pushing herself up into a sitting position. "You should go. It's alright. You're already late."

"I'm so sorry." he sighed. "Oh god. . . this is- god, I'm really sorry. I just remember things at the worst time possible."

"It's okay, Nik." she assured him with a smile. "Go. I don't mind. But just bring me some ice cream."

"Of course, of course," he nodded, traversing his way to the cupboard to pull out a coat.

"I'm sorry, Lucy, really." he mumbled, bending down to kiss her forehead gently.

"I understand." she offered a reassuring smile. "Now go. You're already late."

"I'll be back around midnight, okay?" he called out before leaving.

"Yeah. I'll wait for my chocolate ice cream."

"Yes." he laughed. "Chocolate with chips."

"Yup." she smiled, popping the 'p' as he finally shut the door, passing her a last smile.

Lucy sighed the instant the door clicked shut.

"Stupid Marcel." she huffed before sighing yet again. "But, it's okay. Nik's doing it to keep us safe. Right, baby?"