𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟯: 𝗟𝗶𝗯𝗿𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗻 𝗟𝗶𝘀𝗮

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

Klee broke into a wide smile, apparently not registering the tenseness of the situation. "Lisa! Are you here for playtime with Klee?" she asked, waving at the purple-clad librarian.

"Not right now, Klee." A book appeared in Lisa's hand, and she flipped it open. Tendrils of electricity began weaving around her fingers. "Please, step away from the Fungus. It may look cute, but it's still a monster."

"(Y/N) is not a monster!" you said, waving your tentacles and bobbing up and down in the air like a balloon.

Despite your efforts, Lisa didn't understand your words, and the electricity in her hands only brightened.

How come Cherry-Fairy can understand me, but Miss Grape can't?

Oh... is it only grownups who can't understand? Is it 'cause they're too old?

"A monster?" Klee tilted her head, confused. "That's not a monster. That's..." She stopped mid-sentence, having obviously remembered that it was a secret. "...that's Klee's friend, Bluey!" She winked conspicuously at you—or at least tried to wink, though she ended up blinking both eyes at the same time.

"Thanks, Cherry-Fairy!" you said gratefully.

A crowd had begun to gather around you. You were only a mushroom, but most Mondstadters led sheltered lives as musicians, shopkeepers, and drunkards, hardly venturing outside the city. This was their idea of entertainment, at least until Stormterror returned.

"Klee, darling," Lisa said patiently, "Jean already discussed this with you earlier: you shouldn't make friends with monsters, no matter how harmless they seem. I'm off-duty, but as a member of the Knights, I have to take care of this Fungus before it hurts someone. It's a shame... I wanted to enjoy my afternoon off."

She raised her hand high, and the smell of crackling electricity prickled on your skin. A glowing purple ball began to form on her fingertips, growing larger with every passing second.

Miss Grape didn't believe Cherry-Fairy! And Miss Grape is smart, so maybe she's right... and I really am a bad monster.

Then you saw Klee's face. For someone who was ordinarily so cheerful, she looked terrified, covering her eyes with her hands. Even Dodoco's fur was all ruffled up, as if it didn't want you to get hurt.

"Now that you know Dodoco, we're friends, right?"

Cherry-Fairy said that to me back in solitary confinement. I'm a bad monster, but Cherry-Fairy is an amazing, fun friend! I don't wanna make her sad.

I'm gonna survive!

You flew to the left, dodging the electricity just in time, and it collided with a nearby shrub, turning the leaves a brilliant glowing green. Even though her attack had missed, Lisa didn't look bothered—she was already forming another ball of electricity. "Running won't do you any good. Why don't you come a little closer?"

Ah... nope. No way!

"System, open inventory! Use 'Windtrace'!" you exclaimed. You didn't have to keep your voice down anymore, since only Klee could understand you in this form anyways.

[Activated Anemo Archon's Blessing: Windtrace]

[30 seconds remaining...]

[29...]

[28...]

As the seconds counted down, your body turned into the lightest, swiftest of breezes, and you blended into the many winds already circulating around Mondstadt. Floating as a mushroom didn't cost much energy to begin with, and you were pretty agile thanks to your high Agility stat, but now you could change direction at a mere thought.