French Breakfast

"Carlos! Aren't you in Spain?"
"Hola Charles. I came to check on my teammate", said Sainz Jr with the familiar confidence in his voice and they hugged like best friends.
"Sorry about the mess", apologized the host when they walked into the living room.
"And by the mess you mean this Dutch dude, right?"
"How's it going, Sainz?"
They shook hands and for some reason Max felt Carlos' eyes stabbing him like two sharp knives.

The three race drivers went out for coffee and croissants - French type of breakfast, because Charles couldn't stop talking about how much he's missed it. Now he was stuffing his mouth full, while Max waited for him to open the road trip conversation.
"Have you eaten anything for the past 4 weeks?" asked Carlos with a look of disbelief on his face.
"Man, I'm hungry, just give me a second", Charles laughed while swallowing the last bite.
Finally, he presented Max's road trip idea and waited for Carlos' response.
"Hmm.. Interesting", Carlos bit his lip and it looked like his thoughts went somewhere else for a second but he didn't gave in. He put on a smile instead.
"Sure, I'm ready. I'll ask Lando and you can ask Pierre, Charles.", he added while unlocking his phone.
After both of them finished their calls, Charles had to inform them that Pierre couldn't join their road trip because he's with his new girlfriend in Miami.
"A new girlfriend? Is she Asian and wears a white suit?" laughed Carlos.
Max shook his head, slightly annoyed, although he knew that Carlos didn't mean anything bad.