The Only Chapter

WC: 1183

The story starts on a spaceship called (The H.M.S StarCatcher) which belonged to the benevolent and very depressed space explorer/Captain (Tom)

Crew Mate 1: "Captain, there is a hologram call for you" The crewmate said worriedly, looking around the room.

Tom stared into the dark abyss that was his freeze dried cereal before floating to the hologram area. Standing before him was a cloaked man, his hood covered his face, but he could see the glowing red eyes beneath. His body illuminated the white walled room in a dull, blue light, suddenly, the man looked up to speak.

Will Stanton: "It has been nearly three decades since I last saw you, Tom. How has life been? You know, saving innocent lives and what not?"

Tom: "look man I think you hologramed the wrong person. First of all I have no Idea who the hell you are. Secondly, I never expected to live this long, so lifes not great. How 'bout you?"

Will Stanton chuckled to himself, thinking Tom was playing coy.

Will Stanton: "I see how it is-- pretend you never met me so you get off scot free, is that it? Well, know I can see right through your little plan-- it won't work this time Tom!" His eyes glowed menacingly as his hologram began losing connection, due to bad reception.

Tom: "Sorry my good fello but it seems you are breaking up. Give me a second, I have an idea!"

Slowly Tom sauntered to the cafeteria, placed his hand on the first chair he saw and dragged it across the room. It seemed as if the only sound on the whole space ship was the sharp squeal the chair made against the rough floor. Meanwhile, Will Stanton looked down at his wrist watch. Five awkward, silent minutes had passed, still he waited, and waited until finally Tom placed his chair down and stood upon it.

Tom huffed incredibly out of shape as he began to disconnect the hologram from the roof and head to the garbage disposal.
Tom: "Goodbye whatever your name is. I have big plans to sleep and hopefully never wake up now..."

Will Stanton: "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait! I still have something extremely life changing to tell you! You wouldn't miss out on learning what happened to your missing mother, now would you, Tom?" He tapped his bony little fingers together, creepily laughing to himself.

Tom: "Yo, how am I supposed to trust you when I don't even know your name. I have an idea I'll call you Fredrica. So what are you talking about FREDRICA?"

Will Stanton: "You-- are you telling me that this cloak isn't even the slightest bit recognizable? My name is..." Will let his words drag on for dramatic effect, which did absolutely nothing to make Tom feel the least bit threatened, "Will Stanton, General of the Iron Council, and Captain of the famous Star of Scorpio ship. How do you not know my name? I have axed fifteen inhabited planets over the last ten decades; I have killed thousands for my own benefit, and I also ordered the execution of your dear mother, who worked as one of my top lieutenants. What you don't know is that she committed treason, and tried to assassinate me during a brigade on planet Archeron."

Tom stood, eyes open, still as could be. However, what Will Stanton did not know was that Tom was very, very good at pretending to be awake. It wasn't until a security alarm rang over The H.M.S StarCatcher that Tom began to snore.

Will Stanton: "Just like your father, you are, Tom. You both harbor the same name, and it seems the apple doesn't fall far from the useless tree. He was always asleep during the days he served under my rule-- that's actually how your parents first met-- your mother had to wake him up because he hadn't noticed the ship had broken In two, alarms were blaring and everything-- and still-- perfectly sleep while standing on his own two feet. What a sad case for a soldier he was..." Will shook his head, and placed a couple fingers to his temples.

Crew Mate 2: "Tom! Tom, what the heck are you doing! The inspection started twenty minutes ago? Oh, who's this person, are they your new secret boyfriend?"

Will Stanton's eye began to twitch, his scarlet eyes glared deeply into those of the crewmate.

Will Stanton: "Who's this person? Do all of you live under a rock!!! I'M WILL STANTON! REMEMBER MY NAME, I WILL MAKE YOU REMEMBER NEXT TIME WE MEET! AND IT WILL BE IN PERSON!" He screamed, plotting vengeance subconsciously.

Tom had finally awoken from his sleep just in time to say one final farewell to Will Stanton.

Tom: "Bye Fredrica!" He waved while stretching from his sleep.

Will Stanton: "How dare you mock me with such a disagreeable name! I will remember your insolence, just as I did your father and mother, and I will cut you down just as I did them! People like you, who mock the status of others, never live past their thirties!"

As the hologram went dark Tom leaned over the crewmate before mumbling.

Tom: "Jokes on him, my dad left and never came back. Why do you think I drink my freeze dried cereal without milk?"

Crewmate 2 slowly turned his head towards his CAptain, a sad look in his eyes. Tom couldn't see it, but Crewmate 2 related more personally than he thought to Tom's statement.

Crewmate 2: "I never knew my dad, apparently he was killed in the last space war. I was never given a real name, so I just call myself Crewmate 2... It's the only name I have ever had."

Tom patted his new friend, Crewmate 2, on the back before slipping him a few of his depression pills.

Tom: "You might need some of these too buddy. Don't worry, I have a great therapist."

Tears filled the eyes of Crewmate 2.

Crewmate 2: "Thank you, thank you sir! We have so much more in common than I thought. You're such a kind Captain!"

Tom: "Just doing my part, now, why don't you become my right hand man? It seems you need a friend, and so do I."

Crewmate 2 didn't know whether to laugh or cry, and ended up giving Tom a handshake in agreement.

Tom: "Help me ace this inspection, will ya?"

Crewmate 2: "Well, I will literally be recycled if we don't soooo."

Tom: "Don't worry we'll be fine."

As Tom and Crewmate 2 walked into the main control area they were met with maniacal laughter.

Will Stanton: "I told you I'd be back." In Will's arms was a child being held at gunpoint tears bringing his eyes.

Tom: "Fredrica!"

Will Stanton: "My names not Fredrica!"

Will lunged for Tom, gun pointed towards him. In this moment, Crewmate two knew he had no other choice. He lunged in front of Tom taking the blow to his guy before crippling into Tom's arms.

Crewmate 2: "Thank you for being my friend."