"Gather around!" We all scrambled to the teachers after practicing. "Starting tomorrow every other after-school training period will be for practicing that damn play, got it?" Quiet, excited murmurs greeted the news and I smiled happily.
"Aizawa, sir, do you think tomorrow I can spend a fraction of that discussing a prop with Hatsume? She's going to help me." He dead eyed me for a moment before nodding.
"Whatever. Get changed and back to your dorms." With his dismissal, I turned on my heels, catching Bakugo.
"Hey, thanks again for teaching me that whip technique." I said sheepishly, smiling at him and Kirishima.
"It's whatever, just practice and watch some damn videos on safe practice!" He warned. I waved at them as they passed me, dropping my hand as I met duel colored eyes. Shoto's expression was as stoic as normal, but the slight narrow in his eyes had me stepping to him. Though, I stopped as he came my way.
"Did you like it?" He asked, snippedly and I threw my foot down, exasperated. I wasn't sure what he was implying, but I didn't even care either.
"What the fuck, Todoroki?! Just fuck off!" I yelled back, running to the women's room before anyone could react.

~mini skip~
I laid in bed, curled up in the torn up sweater and my comfy clothes. I couldn't wrap my head around it. Had I done something wrong? I couldn't stop my crying, my headache worsening with each wretched sob I let out into my pillow. A knock sounded at the door and I ignored it, choking back the next sob, hiccuping hard in retaliation. After another couple knocks, I could hear the lock mechanism coming undone and my eyes widened, lunging off my bed in a feeble attempt to keep him out. He didn't open the door wide, just enough to peek in. I caught his gaze, finally putting my hand on my door handle. His icy teal eye held mixed emotions as he stared at me. "(Y/n)-"
"Stop it, I don't know what I did to deserve this anger! This hostility? I literally just got out of the fucking hospital! Just…Just go away. Leave me alone." I muttered, pushing the door shut, glaring at his foot that kept the action from being fulfilled. Leaning all my weight into the door, hoping he'd get the hint, I gasped as in one forceful shove I had been thrown back and off balance. My eyes shut and I awaited impact already envisioning what would happen. He'd be standing over me glaring and yelling about how I am such a fuck up. Hadn't he endured enough pain as a child and yet I did that to him. But instead of the floor, I felt arms wrap around me, steadying me to my feet.
"You idiot!" His voice shook above my head, and my eyes opened, him holding me to his chest. "Stupid! I was terrified! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep! And when you got better… you just… just said it was okay! I spent so many days trying to process how easily you had been taken from me. You! The only person who's been there the moment I needed it. The person who knows me better than anyone. The one who's there the moment I call for help, immediately….. and yet- When you called… when you scre-eamed out. I couldn't move- I had failed you worse in that moment than I have ever failed anyone in my life. So I blamed myself. But then I remembered that it wasn't me who told you to do that! It was him, and you just went with it! If being a hero means I could lose you so easily, then I don't want you to be one! I can't- I can't stomach it. And then… then Bakugo- And you with Hatsume, and Denki. You said it was exclusive, was it only for me? Does that not apply to you? Can't you see I'm trying? Is it not good enough?" I had been frozen to the spot the moment he started, and my head spun as I processed his words. He was breathing heavily, his arms vice gripping me to him, obviously waiting for my answer. I couldn't utter a word, just wrapping my arms around his torso tightly, and burying my head into his chest. I hadn't taken the moment to properly think of how it might have affected him, and even though I was aware he hadn't either, he was trying.
"I… But I.. am still alive, Shoto…" I whispered, gripping his shirt tightly. "I don't blame him cause even though he had me do so despite me saying I thought it was dangerous, he still got me to the hospital so I wouldn't die. I couldn't even look at you- I was mortified, and knew if I looked at you, it'd make it real. Because I kept telling myself it wasn't that bad, and it was all in my head. Trying to blindside myself because if I didn't, I'd have to accept that I'd be leaving you. I couldn't do that, not to you, not to someone I love. And besides, I know what pain you were in, I lived it just as well, Shoto." Pulling away from him, I gave his tear stained face a stern look. "And if you would have been able to move during it, you wouldn't be considered human. Despite what you went through as a child you are not. And I do repeat, not indestructible, Shoto Todoroki. You are a human, a teen just as well as me. And besides, if you were soooo used to pain by now, shouldn't I be?" I teased, sighing as I collapsed back into his chest. "Please stop hating me… I had no intention of ending up in the hospital, or hurting you so much, I had hoped… That maybe he was right and with the generational gap, my quirk would be better adapted." I started crying again, I really needed the hug he was giving me. I had needed to be held like this since I woke up, and deep inside I was aware that was one reason his harshness was so painful. He was the only one who could hold me like this. "Shoto… What are you talking about?" Finally coming full circle to his rant, I couldn't process it. What about Bakugo? And Hatsume, what on earth with Denki? Exclusive? He's trying, not good enough? Looking at him, my brows furrowed. "You're never not good enough? But what are you talking about? Trying…." I mumbled, removing myself from him, paling as I saw the door was still open.
"...... Uh," I watched as his face took a blank form, redding some. He grabbed his shoulder, and looked down. "I'm sorry… I just feel so envious of the attention you get. Like Denki obviously… ya know? And then you always hug on Hatsume, even though you told me that like cuddles were exclusive to you, but what about me? Can't they be exclusive to me too? And Bakugo touching you like he did-" The heat in my face grew more as he spoke and I sighed.
"In his defense, it's not like he could have yanked the whip out of my hand," Shifting my hand to prove my point, I continued. "But you make a point. I did tell you that, and I never thought you'd want that, I mean, she's been my best friend for years, so it's natural. But you're healing, and I don't want to force you to heal faster or anything." I sighed, looking down. "But I can work on that, I'll try to switch to hugging you before her, Shoto you have to tell me when you feel neglected, or upset with something I do. Communication is key, okay?" He nodded and I shook the sleeve of the sweater down, wiping his face. "Is there anything else you want to say? Or you want done?" He grabbed my wrist after I asked and looked at me.
"Can we cuddle tonight?" At his quiet murmur I smiled and nodded.
"Of course. Oh, and about your jealousy, if you know how to use a whip, you can always teach me." My face flushed red as he nodded, kissing my exposed knuckles.
"Yeah, that's sadly something I don't know how to do." Laughing, I patted his cheek.
"Thought I'd offer anyways."

2385 words!! Thank you for reading my OOC Shoto!!!
~LisaLove765