Ch. 11 Crying before Christmas (idfk)

In this chapter, there's gonna me a lot of pauses hmmm, a lil past midway? Shoto makes lil commentary during a movie 🤭🤭

(Y/n)'s POV
"By the way, here's the fabric you asked for, and the shirt, I hope they're the colors you wanted!" Dad handed me a plastic bag, and I peeked in, smiling brightly.

"Thank you dad! These are perfect for the prince's outfit." We stepped into the house, the aroma filling the air.

"About time you three came back." At my Aunt's jab, I gave her a smug sneer.

"Rei has to be the sweetest. I can definitely see where Sho gets his soft side." I gave the boy a grin, hopping up the stairs. "Come on, Sho, I wanna discuss your outfit for the play!" I beconned him to follow, making my way to my room. I sat on my bed, pulling out my sketchbook and pencil.

"Can I help you in any way?" Looking up, I showed him my sketch and notes.

"I've started sketching the others outfits, but figured your input should be easier, with you being here. Besides, I know all your measurements, unless your hero outfit is getting tight?" I watched his face burn red, and smiled.

"What's this black stuff?" Nodding, I stood, pointing at it on the paper.

"So the beast, I didn't want to give you a full body suit like he does, so I thought, the curse could be different from his. So in the movie, he has this curse that turns him from human to a werewolf type beast, right?" He gave me a nod and hum, looking at the paper. "And if he doesn't find true love, who loves him back, he loses his humanity," He gave me another pointless nod and I looked at him, deadpanning. "Shoto, have you seen Beauty and the Beast?" My answer was received in a bashful look away and I rolled my eyes. "How did you think you'd be able to be part of a play, not knowing the story??"

"The script-" His answer annoyed me and I sighed.

"But the acting needs to have emotion." I whined.

"What do mean? I act like I'm happy all the time." His reply was monotone and I frowned deeply.

"So, you know, there's both an animated movie and a live action, let's go watch them." Changing the subject, I patted his chest to turn him around. I made my way downstairs, Shoto trailing behind me. "Mooooom, can we eat dinner in the living room tonight?" I draped myself over a chair in the kitchen, looking at my mom.

"Why?"

"Could we watch Beauty and the Beast while eating dinner?" Shoto had leaned on the table next to me and my mom turned our way.

"Oh, of course we can. Why didn't you just say so, (Y/n)?" Blinking in disbelief, I stood up. I went into the living room, ignoring my aunt's questioning, and opened the movie cabinet. Rummaging through the names, I found both versions of the movie and held them up to Shoto.

"How about the animation first?" His response was a nod, and I put the movie into the DVD player. Picking up my cousin, I sat on the floor. "We're gonna watch Beauty and the Beast!" I whispered, ticking the small child.

~mini skip brought to you by Christmas Eve Dinner~

"Sit with mama!" I paused, midway into the living room with Shoto, watching my dad get off the couch and lift (C/n) onto the spot. On the three seater sat my uncle, aunt, and cousin, respectfully. And my dad sat himself in front of the arm chair my mom sat in.

"I can sit on the floor instead, baby."

"No! I quite like it down here." My dad laughed heartily, leaning back. Nudging Shoto, I carried my plate in, sitting cross legged on the floor, smiling as he followed my lead. My aunt said prayer, and then mom pressed play on the movie. Eating my food, I leaned into Shoto, watching his expressions.