The room glowed deep red from all the buzzing lights and buttons on the machinery and light shone over the mass on the table. It was strapped down. Mono screamed at the top of his guns as mass of flesh grew off him in veins clinging to everything and the floor. On it were eyes everywhere open wide.

Several doctors stood around him, their heads flicking up. They had blue scrubs on but they were the same as our captors I could tell by looking at them. "What are you doing?!" They screamed, startled mid procedure.

"Ending what you're trying to start!" I seethed

"If you stop this, it will only get worse" one of them sneers. "And if you kill us you will not be able to reverse it. All of our work goes down with us."

"I dont care" I did not even hesitate. My voice was thick with malice. Seeing what they had done to Mono I would never forgive it.

"And what are you gonna do when your through with us? He will still be this way. We've only opened up the gate. You are foolish to interrupt this-"

Before he finished speaking I grabbed one of the whirring machines attached to Mono and threw it into the doctor. I had no idea where the strength came from but the cords disconnected from the mass on the table that was my friend. And the doctor went down under the heavy mass.

The others reacted quickly, in attempt to save their work all but three of them rushed at me.

I spewed flares of light at this from my finger tips. Knocking them back, trying to fight them from every direction. There was only one entrance to this room and I was blocking it.

A huge one bounded into me and I slipped falling. From my spot on the floor I scooted up and when they reached to grabbed I shot a flare at their face, sending them sprawling back. I quickly made it to my feet, getting myself cornered far from the door now.

They got up, circling towards me. My magic was strong but this time I could not kill all of them. It may have worked deflecting it against the other lady, but that was a mirror. A reflection of the powers she mastered. I still know nothing, barely anything at all.

I backed into the corner. I looked to my right seeing another whirring vibrating machine.

"You wouldnt dare" one of the eyeball men say.

"Try me" I sneer, and it desperately I pull the cord, I yank it from Mono's body. He barely reacts except for making a weird gurgling noise and then gasping like he has severe asthma. Air meekly sputtering and getting caught in his lungs. He sounded like he was trying to breathe underwater.

I felt bad for him.

Alarms started going off ass I had yanked that out. The other three doctors panicked, they could not save whatever they were trying so hard to achieve. They turned to me the last thing they could deal with.

They all rushed for me at the same time. Flinching, wincing, and cringing, I close my eyes shut waiting for impact. But there is none.

When I open them again I see a flurry of white bounding across the room. In almost an instant they're all on the floor but one. He hands in the air by the hand of the woman from earlier. Her grip tight around his neck, she floated to the top of the room. "I will never let you or your kind disgrace they place again!" She seized him, hitting him against the wall several times until every bone broke in his body.

I stared in horror. Life as we know it is otherworldly, but still somehow this sight sent chills down my spine.

She landed onto the floor looking at me. "I could not let them kill you, even when I know you are an idiot."

"So you were planning in leaving me to die?" I say trying to find some sort of witty comeback. But I had a feeling she knew that I meant thank you.

"Originally" she shrugs. Her face was still straight but I had a feeling in a way she smiled.

I rush to Mono, stepping over the now dead. I try my best to unstrap him. I can feel the flesh masses moving under my hands. Warm and pulsating. Unlike Mono who has always been cold and bony. I feel disgusted but I work fast, undoing any IV and any tubes or machines. I yank the last bestung tube out of his mouth. It probably wasnt working anyway.

He stairs lifelesslly at the ceiling, his mouth moving like a fish out of water, and no sounds come out.

"Shit shit shit shit fuck fuck" I grumble to myself. I'm no doctor but I'm sure most wouldnt know how to fix this.

His body started seizing shaking violently. I panic quickly holding him down. His mouth opens and he gurgles and black liquid started coming out everywhere.

I wince, wanting to look away but I cant. The woman stood, not looking surprised. Not even flinching.

He coughs and then his voice rasps. "You!" He turns to face her. His voice is not his own. It sounds like a legion of demons, thousands of people talking at once. Like satan himself but if he doped up on cigarettes and hot boxed his voice more than one would imagine satan already sounds like.

"I swore that if we ever saw again, I would destroy you! You should be lucky the vessel right now is weak"

"You cant do anything to me" she says

"You tried to stop me!" He yelled "my research. Look what you've done!" He snarled. I tried hard to hold him down, he tried to reach for her.

"I'm coming for you and when I'm strong enough I will destroy you and the world and everyone you've ever loved" the thing possessing him screams. His body convulsed again and more black liquid gurgled out of his mouth as his eyes rolled into the back of his head.

My heart dropped somewhere into my stomach. But it has felt like it dropped into the bottom of a cold dark lake.

I had no idea what this was about, or what started this. But Mono is in danger. Everyone is.