✨ (🖤) High Score (FNAF 1 x Game Attendant!Reader) - PART TWO

Summary: You, a long-time worker at Freddy's, take a much-needed break from work to play video games with the animatronics.

~*~*~

The animatronics were known for walking around the restaurant as they liked after the "security issues" and "malfunctions" were resolved. 

It was no real surprise to see them in different sections of the building at any given time-- Chica liked hanging around the kitchen talking to the chefs. 

Freddy liked doing security rounds about the building and talking to the staff, making sure everything was as it should be and the children were having a good time. 

Bonnie... no one really knew where he went, but you could always find him in the arcade after a while. 

Foxy was the most mischievous out of all of them, suddenly bursting into different party rooms and the dining hall to cause some sort of trouble, before running away laughing while Freddy chased after him. 

It was fun to witness their chaos as you went about your day. You liked listening to them perform on stage, play with the children, and play pranks on each other. They were definitely a lot happier with their newfound freedom, and it was exciting to see how much more they opened up!

The only thing any earlybirds flocking to the pizzeria would find strange, were the animatronics parading around you. Everywhere you went, they were sure to follow in that iconic lineup. Freddy trailed after you, with Bonnie close on his tail. Chica waddled along behind him, and Foxy slunk around, pretending to be interested in anything else but keeping track of you all the same. You were glad you were still opening-- or trying to-- or else the children would have been very confused. Coworkers gave strange glances as you passed, checking off your morning duties from your mental list.

You didn't open often, but your main tasks were nothing special. Just turn on the games, make sure they worked. You didn't even have to check all of them-- typically, you stuck to the ones that usually proved to be trouble. The untitled character games-- Freddy's, Foxy's, Chica's, Bonnie's, and a strange fifth that had neither name nor character-- were the first ones you wanted to check.

Freddy's game hadn't given you the mysterious minigame since you'd last played it, but the High Scores list had been completely wiped, leaving you to wonder if it was merely some fever dream after all. No one else remembered it when you brought it up, so you decided to forget about it.

The last game-- the completely blank one-- was one you struggled with understanding, period. You vaguely remembered it from your childhood, one you used to play with a friend of yours before she went missing. It was her favourite, though you didn't remember what game it was supposed to play. In all honesty, you wanted to retire the old cabinet, but your senior Game Attendant had no idea what you were talking about any time you mentioned it. So it remained, an endearing icon of an older age-- unplayable, unreadable, but memorable. Like a sentimental token, you figured. Every time you opened, you went straight for it in hopes it would work again, remind you of your childhood and remind you of what you had forgotten, but it would never boot up.

Oh well.

You looked over your shoulder as you approached Foxy's game, the last one in the series of games you had to check. As you expected, the animatronics were still there. Each time you stopped to check on them, they would stumble to a stop as well, tripping over each other in surprise as if they never expected you to pause. You chuckled a little to yourself as they did this again, Freddy muttering an, "Oh! Pardon me," while Bonnie squeaked in surprise. Chica bawked out a little, "Ope!" and stepped backward to avoid hitting Bonnie, but successfully stepped on Foxy's tail, making him yip.