- . Chapter 8 ; New Era

Start from the beginning

"So call the fish, and then pick one, shoot once you see the opening."

"Don't worry."

"Don't make me have to."

Y/N eyed Aonung from the side as he said that. It made her feel a bit tense at what he said, did she make him worry that much? She wasn't a dead weight or a burden to them, she knew that. She made up for the things she couldn't do. She wasn't weak, no one could tell her that.

She made noises from her throat that attracted the fish closer. She was a bit unsettled at how well she was making the call and Aonung and Lo'ak looked at each other from a distance, Neteyam and Tsireya were on his Ilu watching from a distance to not disturb the hunt.

She slowly followed one and finally shot it quickly. She wasn't patient with hunting, it struck it down and she turned around smiling in the direction of Aonung and Lo'ak. Neteyam waited for his glance but never got one. Y/N took up Lo'aks behavior in ignoring the people who have caused you pain, he mainly did this so he didn't have to express his feelings.

Tsireya slowly rubbed against his arm and swam off towards her brother as Lo'ak swam to Y/N to collect the fish.

"You did well."

"Thank you."

"Let me get the next one go get that fish first."

"Ok."

She finally swam forward to grab it as she swam upwards to grab some more air, Lo'ak noticed and started to quickly get his next shot.

"Why does she still not talk to Ney?"

"I don't know."

"You need to help convince her to talk to Ney."

"Do you want me to do that?"

"Of course I do, he is sad without her. She made him happy."

"Happy without you."

She shook her head in irritation and swayed him off as he rolled his eyes. He knew that Y/N and Neteyam had chemistry and it would come between her and him immediately if they made up.

Lo'ak was watching their conversation lightly and finally struck his fish, he found hunting to be boring in a way but Y/N made it a bit more interesting.

He gasped for air as he reached the surface and she turned over to him, he loved seeing her face after it got out of the water. The sun was about to fade into the eclipse and the lighting was just perfect.

She called her Ilu and she hopped on its back.

"Do you enjoy the fish?"

"Yes, it's the only thing I ate back home."

"Home?"

"Yes with the Omatikya clan- you lived there Lo'ak."

"That wasn't a home- At least I don't see it like that for you anymore."