Chapter 21: A Companion part 2

Depuis le début

(Y/N) nodded, "I see. Well let's give it a try. Are you ready Tighnari?" The fox yelped as if agreeing with his new owner.

Let the training montage begin~~~~~

The first test to see if Tighnari was good at just attacking with his claws and teeth. Pumpkin pie cookie set up a dummy that looked suspiciously like a cookie.

"Okay, Tighnari. Go get it!" (Y/N) said, pointing at the dummy.

Tighnari crouched down before launching himself in the air, pouncing on the fake cookie. Thanks to him being a small fox, Tighnari was able to jump high. But his damage wasn't as impressive.

Both cookies and doll watched as the fox desperately tried to scratch and bite on the dummy, but all that he left was little teeth marks and scratches. It was almost like a kitten fighting.

Pumpkin pie cookie nervously giggled, "Okay, maybe Tighnari is not the best at fighting. But maybe he has magical properties?"

Both cookies decided to venture to the one cookie who could do a through examination of the fennec fox.

Strawberry Crepe cookie hummed as they examined the result of his analysis.

75% Fox
24% Mushroom
1% magic

The ylooked back at (Y/N) and Pumpkin pie cookie, "Yeah looks like your fox friend doesn't have any magical abilities." Tighnari hopped off the examination table while the three cookies discussed.

"So he isn't magic and isn't the best at fighting? So what is Tighnari good at?" (Y/N) asked the other cookies who were also contemplating the question.

"Well he is part mushroom so maybe he can be help you find special mushrooms around the forest in the cookie kingdom?"

(Y/N) shrugged their shoulders, "I mean that may be useful. But that isn't going to necessarily help me in battle."

All three cookies sighed as they continued to wonder what abilities the fox could be having. Meanwhile being a mischievous fox, Tighnari began to explore the laboratory more. Coming across waffle bot after waffle bot before something caught his eye. He jumped on the counter of a vile that looked to be red liquid on it. The label human blood was on top of it, but being an animal and not able to read, Tighnari sniffed the glass vile before nudging it until the glass shattered onto the ground. Upon contact, the blood inside the vile spilled out into a small puddle.

Tighnari green ears popped up at the glass shattering before he jumped back down onto the ground, examining the liquid. He gently reached a paw out and cautiously tapped the liquid. When the blood didn't pose a threat he put both his front paws in as he continued to examine the liquid.

His cream colored paws turned a tint of red the longer he remained. His green tail swished as Tighnari looked down into the blood. Because blood is reflective the fox was able to see his reflection or at least that's what he initially thought. Instead of a small fox head and tail staring back at him, a much larger fox head appeared with glowing blue eyes and an even larger tail swishing behind it.

It was like seeing a stranger but the fox didn't feel a bit of concern, in fact he went to lean in to examine the stranger further. His snoot was about to make contact with not only the shadow but the blood before he was quickly picked up.

"Tighnari, No!" (Y/N) screamed, carrying the fox away from the blood and broken glass.

Strawberry Crepe cookie gasped at the sight, "No my blood sample! I wasn't finished examining its properties." The scientist felt like bursting into tears as tragedy set in more.

"Was that my blood from that one time you came?"

"Yes. I was planning on doing an analysis with it, but someone had to contaminate my sample." Strawberry Crepe Cookie glared at the fox, who's long green ears hung low in shame.