𝟏𝟑» ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴᴡᴀʀᴅ sᴘɪʀᴀʟ

tw: graphic gore in detail, creepy behavior, mentions of sa, and the r-word, i suck at writing southern accents

tw: graphic gore in detail, creepy behavior, mentions of sa, and the r-word, i suck at writing southern accents. this is a pretty heavy chapter!!!

My girl, my girl, don't lie to meTell me, where did you sleep last night?

Tell me, where did you sleep last night?

NOT MY FINEST MOMENT, BUT I FAILED IN GRADE SCHOOL ONCE. When asked what happened, I decided to blame it on my teacher's trashy tutoring because that seemed like a safer option than telling the truth.

In reality, Tyler and I had snuck off to the rooftop from his bedroom window the previous night. We ended up falling asleep to A Night at the Opera together. Quite appropriately, I woke up to a Queen concert on a loop inside my mind.

The same was the state of my consciousness at the moment. My head hurt and Kurt Cobain's voice ringing in my ears was making me want to bang my head against the nearest wall.

In the pines, in the pines
Where the sun don't ever shine
I would shiver the whole night through

Booms of thunder resonated outside, rain pounding into surfaces like fists meeting flesh over and over again. A couple of muffled voices rose against the noise. My initial reaction was to cringe. Had my sister brought Matt home?

As seconds turned to minutes, the notion was quickly discarded. Hisses and groans shifted to screams. Ones that could wake even the dead. Echoing off the wall wasn't someone's pleasure, but sheer agony.

My eyes snapped open at once. Bad move, I realized when the pain in my head glared.

My girl, my girl, where will you go?
I'm going where the cold wind blows

The darkened room I found myself in was cold with paint peeling off its grey walls. A broken sofa lay discarded by the window, ivy creeping overhead. It must've been daytime, yet the sky appeared stuck at twilight.

I was in hell.
My own personalized corner of hell.

My olfactory senses kicked off, the putrid smell overpowering the air making me gag. I lifted my hand to cover my mouth. Tried, more so, seeing as the straps running around my wrists made it essentially difficult to do so. Whoever sons of bitches took me had tied me to a...