"[y/n], it's Principal Weems."

Quiet.

The tall blonde's arms were beginning to ache. She put the takeout down onto the ground beside the wall and stood back up, waiting.

Waiting and waiting.

"[y/n]."

"I don't want to talk."

I do, Larissa thought. She needed to. This was all of her doing, really. Being the one that suggested this to your parents, she was at fault. It was just— She couldn't have imagined a better place for you.

Your mother (who happened to be Larissa's old friend) confided in the tall blonde one tipsy night a couple months ago. She was concerned; you were troublesome, especially at school. Larissa immediately knew this was the right place for you.

"Let me in, [y/n]. I would like to speak with you, darling," Larissa sighed, not feeling so sure of herself anymore. Yet your next comeback managed to spark something brave inside of her.

"Let yourself in," you scoffed cleverly, knowing that the door was locked securely.

"Brilliant idea, darling," Larissa smiled. Though you couldn't see her, you heard it in her voice. The red lipped woman dipped her hand into her pocket, fishing out her set of keys, "I do, after all, have the master key."

That made you sit-up in panic. You were in three-day old clothing, unbrushed hair and dizzy from mild dehydration. Larissa couldn't see you like this! It would be embarrassing.

"Wait!"

Keys stopped rattling, Larissa froze.

"I— I'm not... I'm not ready for this."

"I'm not here to judge you, [y/n]," the principals voice softened, "Please, let me in. I can try to help."

You went quiet. Larissa blew it. She was always so good with children, but you were a little older than most students. A little more damaged. She was afraid to scare you off for good.

"I— I brought Chinese takeout."

Teenagers liked takeout, right? Larissa nodded to herself. Waiting, waiting, waiting.

She waited long enough for a nervous pit to brew in her stomach. Long enough for her to abandon all hope, picking up the bag of food and cups of warm hot chocolate, when all of sudden, the door unlocked and swung swiftly open.

"I do like Chinese food..." you mumbled, avoiding Larissa's gaze at all cost.

Her eyes lit up, not that you could see, followed shortly by a warm smile as she stood right outside of your room, patiently waiting for an invite, "Well, who am I to withhold this delicious meal from you?" Larissa joked.

You finally smiled. For the first time in days. Stepping aside as you pulled the door open wider, you allowed Larissa entry, which she gladly accepted.

"We can eat on my bed," you spoke up, feeling a little tense now that Larissa, your principal, was inside of your room, "I need to change the sheets anyway."

"Are you sure, darling?" The tall blonde asked, looking over at you as you shut the door and locked it again for privacy.

Humming in confirmation, you walked across the room and slid back into bed, grabbing one of the hot chocolates that was now sat on your nightstand.

"Coffee?" You asked.

"Not a chance," Larissa smiled as she sat on the lower end of your bed, legs dangling off of the edge, "Try it."