Chapter 1: The Lands Between

You rode on the back of the spectral steed torrent as you accompanied a companion of yours known as Melina in search of something in these ruins.

Y/N: Why are we roaming these ruins again, are thou even certain that what you search for even dwells beneath?

Melina: I am certain. Just trust me on this, there will be a tarnished warrior here that will help us in both of our goals.

Y/N: Hmph. Then let thy will be done I suppose. I just can't wait to escape this dreary place. I'd enjoy seeing the light of day once more.

  You snuggle closer to Melina, leaning your head on her back, exhausted from your travels.

Melina: Calm yourself. You shall get what you desire soon, all though I do pray we find our Tarnished soon.

Y/N: Thou art putting our lives in the hands of a lowly tarnished, now that is something I never thought I'd go along with, thou must be insane if you think that'll work. Have I not done enough for you in this venture?

Melina: Must you be so dramatic?

Y/N: . . . Sorry, forgive my impudence. I haven't rested in some time, I only say that I hope we find this tarnished soon, otherwise-

*Splash*

  You and Melina hear a splash off in the distance, though you feel uncertain about it, you both move forward, looking down, you and Melina notice a woman in the water, sprawled out and hardly anything to cover her body.

  You leap off of torrent and flip the woman over, examining her features closer. Your eyes widened greatly at the sight of the maiden before you. Her beautiful face, her pale skin, and long dark raven-like hair. They bared the appearance of someone who has seen their fair share of hardships, yet they seem as though life had thrown them out long ago.

  You trace your fingers across their face, then down their arms and body, feeling for anything magical that they may offer, but they do not yield anything special.

Melina: It seems fate shines on us this day (Y/N).

Y/N: This is the tarnished we were promised? Hmm. She is. . . odd. But still, they lay naked in water with the only item they bear being a club? How are we to trust that this is fate?

Melina: Have faith. One of her kind is sure to seek out the Elden Ring. I am leaving them in your care for now. Be sure to guide them out of this place, the road ahead is long, but you and I shall meet again very soon. Keep them safe, for you are caring for the next Elden Lord. Besides, here I thought you'd be happy helping a woman with little to no clothing on.

  Melina leaves you with the tarnished as you cradle them in your grasp. You examined their features further as you just held them and waited for them to awaken. Not too much time passes as you feel yourself drifting in and out of slumber, though you feel them squirm a bit in your arms, looking down at the tarnished warrior.

  As their eyes open, their blue eyes land on your golden eyes, lightly mesmerized by their glow. It was weird that this person was who you and Melina had been searching for, but they were only that of a Tarnished. They stood up to their feet as you continued to observe them a bit closer.

Tarnished: Mmm. . . H-Huh? Who are you?

Y/N: Rise and shine warrior. My name is (Y/N). Rejoice, as you are in the presence of a demi god. And this god has chosen you Tarnished, rise and embark on an epic quest with me through the lands between on a quest for-

  You look down at the tarnished as she just looks at you with a less than impressed face, looking more confused than impressed.

Y/N: What's is with thy face?