𝟎𝟓 | 𝑂𝑐𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑜𝑙𝑖𝑠𝑚...

Start from the beginning

As I linger around the open doorway, waiting with such anticipation, I vividly hear the conversations being spoken from the inside, noises of seemingly confused voices travelling through the strong air which is thick with unmissable tension, directed toward my eagerly listening ears, keen to get wind of the tête-à-tête transpiring. "Elijah? Wh-what are you doing here?" a few footsteps make their way around the badly concealed patient room, towards where I'm unsure of, but it's clear the atmosphere is clouded with another sensation of rigidity. "I'm your boyfriend, Juliana. You didn't think to tell me you were in the goddamn hospital?"

When the irritable male originally began speaking the sentence everyone dreaded to hear, a small part of my hopeful soul believed he had improved the errors of his disregarding and uncaring ways, until I realise there's no obvious difference between the man from the club, and the one here now. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but you were the one who told me my stomach pains meant nothing, and I probably ate too much at dinner. You lost the right to an opinion the second you slammed the door on me."

If there's anything I know about my lover, it's that Beatrix despises nothing more in the world than men who belittle women for their own egotistical empowerment, and I can't say that's something we don't massively share in common, amongst many other related things. I find increasingly agitating failure in attempting to not find an ounce of care at the sheer confidence growing within Juliana's spine, which is stronger than I thought. It seems as if Beatrix's 'fuck you' attitude has had quite the impression on her, and thankfully so. "Would you mind giving us a moment alone?"

I know Beatrix very well, inside out. Everything within her pulsing-with-range body is screaming at her to stay, for Juliana's emotional safety, and for the opportunity to attempt to deflate the situation, for the same exact reason...but it's not before long I hear the click clacking of her loudly executing heels exit the heavily armoured room, a sense of anger misting around her usually calmed aura. Instead of heading toward me, she approaches the occupied nurses station with an unrecognisable and unreadable yet divine shape on her contoured features, like a skilled woman on an important mission. "Someone keep an eye on Juliana Odom's room, I want a nurse checking on her every hour. And someone finally chase up the pharmacy about her pain meds, she's been waiting far too long for them." it would be a complete lie to say that seeing Beatrix in full work-mode doesn't cause a well-known certain flutter around my midriff area, her strong demanding tone of demeaning authority always able to set a burning fire within me without fail. "Of course, Dr. Prez, right away."

Just when I think she'll greet me with a lightly delivered kiss as a courtesy, my significant other proves me wrong and begins heading down a nearby corridor, edging me to follow her down the tunnel of a path to attempt to deescalate her rising anger, which is obviously displayed to me from her expression. I wrap a sturdy, unforgiving arm around her toned torso, slowing her down in her tracks and forcing her body to move at the same pace as my own. "You know it is rude to walk away from me like that, Trix." I whisper directly into her soft ear lobe, her head tilting the opposite way as my warm breath ghosts over her skin, brim-filled with a hint of promise...

For Beatrix's response, I'm met with a cold and hefty purse of her red lips, a strong sense of bitterness to match her irascibility over the previous events, which proved to have provoked her in certain ways. Her gaze stiffens on one exact thing as we walk, concentrating to avoid sharing its attention with anything other than the metaphorical abyss her eyes wander into. I find myself loosing every ounce of patience left in my being, having given her a stern warning and a more than generous opportunity to apologise for her wrongdoings...

Continuing our longstanding, resentful path, I notice an unoccupied doctor's on call room left unattended, which I indignantly barge into with a Herculean force, yanking Beatrix inside with me at my burly capture still existing on her waist. Her shock is notified to me by the loud yelp given as I spin her around and hold her firmly in place with the length of my body against hers, one arm above her head, pressed toughly against myself and the wall. She furiously struggles beneath me, wiggling in her constricted position, but I am in no hurry to allow her to escape. "Sloan! Let me go!"