18*

•Alright you beautiful people, I may or may not put smut in this chapter. I'm writing this note before I write the chapter and because I'm lazy I'm not coming back to delete it. If I do end up putting smut in this chapter I'll put this (*) beside the chapter number so uh do with that what you will. And if I do write smut, it's my first time writing it, so don't be mad at me (⁠´⁠-⁠﹏⁠-⁠'⁠;⁠) anyway, on with the chapter!•

(Reader's POV)

I sit in my room in a silent house. My pile of late homework on the floor beside me. With a sigh, I grab another paper off the small stack and begin to work on it.

"Well this is boring," I hear the familiar voice of the young girl say.

I don't even bother to look up, "Leave me alone, I don't need to be bothered by a little girl who I don't even know."

"Cassidy."

I glance at the girl, "Huh?"

The girl crosses her arms, frowning, "My name is Cassidy."

I shrug in response.

"Why do you have so many papers?" Cassidy asks.

"Homework that I've procrastinated doing. Now can you leave me alone?" I snap.

Cassidy scoffs, "Rude. I just thought I'd keep you company.”

"I don't need your company." I grumble.

"Well, I'm certainly better company than some of the people you keep around."

Thoroughly irritated I throw one of my textbooks at the girl, "SHUT UP!"

Cassidy just stands there with a smug look as the book just goes through her and hits the wall, "You certainly thought that one through."

Suddenly, William peeks into the room at me, "Are you alright?"

I don't respond, I just glare at Cassidy.

"Love, why are you glaring at the wall?" William asks.

I quickly glance over at him, "You can't see her?" I ask.

William looks at me, worried, "No?"

"He will. Someday." Cassidy puts in.

I do my best to ignore her.

"Alright Love, I think it's time for you to go to bed..." William says quietly.

I notice Cassidy smirk out of the corner of my eye. "I can't." I state flatly.

"Why not?"

Tears well in my eyes, "She's in my dreams too. She won't leave me alone."

William silently enters the room and kneels on the floor beside me, "What are you talking about Y/N? Are you feeling okay?" He asks placing his hand gently on my shoulder.

I take a deep breath, ignoring Cassidy's piercing eyes staring at me.

"The girl. The one you killed." I say.

Will chuckles awkwardly, "Which one?"

"Uh- her name is Cassidy. At least that's what she says her name is. But she won't leave me alone! I didn't kill her, I didn't know her at all, but I'm the one being harassed?"

"Love, I think maybe you're a little overtired..."

I shake my head, "I'm not. Really. Even if I was tired, she'd be there in my dreams. At first that's the only place I saw her, now she keeps following me around, popping up out of nowhere." I point to the place where the ghostly girl stands knowing that William can't actually see her.