chapter 3- You're safe with me

A few weeks went by and I stayed dwelled in my prayers as my life seemed to get harder each and everyday. Especially Last monday. It was emotional from begining to end, I figured it was that monday marked Feburary 25th . My mothers death annerversary. I remember that day as if it was written on the back of my hand. that morning I had looked at the one picture I had of my mother. "I wish you were here mama" I mutter letting a tear fall onto the picture. She had the most beautiful smile that anyone could ever see. It could brighten up anyones day with a doubt.

"Leo, get down here before your late for school ya here?!" Joseph yelled. I looked at the picture and kissed it. I smiled a little as i put it in my back pack. "Im coming!" I called out to joseph. I walked downstairs and grabbed an apple on my way out. "stay out of trouble" Kim says as I walked out the door. I didnt respond , I just walked out and headed to school. It was a short day that day Because we were testing for finals so I only took two test. I approached the school and Went to my locker to put my coat away. I opened my locker and unweighted my bag off of my back and Opened it to take my mothers picture out. I cut a peice of take and stuck it to the picture to put in the back of my locker. "hey" I heard a familr voice And I closed my locker door and behind it stood Chresanto. "hey" I smiled and hugged him. "you ready for these test today?" he asked hugging back. "Somewhat." I shrugged. I grabbed my back pack and Me and Chresanto headed to our 1st testing session. Math. We walked in the classroom and Luckily gina and her crew werent around. "okay class take your seats" Mrs. schofield ordered. I sat in the far back of the classrom and so did Chresanto. "maybe after school we could hang out?" Chresanto asked.

I smiled. "of course." And mrs.Schofield started passsing out test. "Listen up" she said getting the class's attention.  

"no cheating no talking or texting! When the test re complete you may turn them over and I will. Collect them."Mrs. Schofield said and me and chresanto got our test and started writing. I got to a problem that I didn't know very well."x +yz= slope." The question read. I rubbed my hands threw my hair and sighed math wasn't my best subject but I tried. And after about an hour the teachers timer finally went off and the test was over. "Okay class, times up" she announced and collected our test packets. And the bell rang for a break. Chresanto approached "That test was something" he said.  

"right, I thought I was ready to collapse on the desk" 

"yeah, I saw you drifting off to sleep " chresanto laughed putting his arm around me. "well now you know why" I smiled and held his hand on my shouder "what test do you have next?" He asked looking down at me. 

"English"  

"well your a beautiful poetry writer so I think you'll ace that test." 

I smiled slightly and shrugged. "I got my motivation from 2PACs lyrics." 

"well 2Pac must have had a huge effect on you, your poetry is behind it's glow Leo"  

I looked at Chresanto. " you're nice , you know that?" I asked. 

"yeah , you are too. I dont know why people treat you the way they do." I nodded at what chresanto said. He was right,why do people treat me different? "Yeah." I sighed. Me and chresanto have become closer the more we saw eachother and I felt as if he's the only friend I had, the reality of it is that he was my only friend but I didnt mind. I cherished the company and love. 

Chresanto walked me to class for my last test and I was nervous because James was in there and I just knew deep in my heart that he was going to be up to something. "See you later" chresanto said as he left. "Yeah, I'll meet you after school at around one o'clock? " I asked