Chapter 4

After they got back to the ranch and Kayce put all his stuff up in the house.

Kayce's pov

I walked back out the house and saw Tate and hailey and beau that were sitting on a blanket in the front yard and beau was on his stomach crawling around. I saw Tate and Hailey laughing at jokes they were making. I haven't seen Tate laugh in a very long time, it was good seeing him laugh and smile. They stood up and saw me and Hailey picked up beau and they walked over to me.

" hey" Hailey said. " hey what are y'all doing" I say. " Hailey was telling me some jokes" Tate said smiling. " yea he asked if I knew any jokes so I told him some and he couldn't stop laughing" hailey says.

We all walk back to the blanket and sit down and I was playing with beau and he was smiling and laughing. I saw hailey looking at me and for a moment I thought I saw something in her eyes.

" hey I will be back" haileys says.

She gets up and wants inside and a few minutes later she came outside with a basket in her hand and she sits back down and starts taking out food and drinks.

" since we're outside I thought why not have a picnic" haileys says. " that seems like a good idea" I say.

We're all laughing and eating and playing around. Tate gets up and hailey starts chasing him around the yard. They were laughing and screaming.

" I'm gonna tickle you" hailey says chasing Tate

She catches Tate and starts tickling and he's laughing and kicking. I couldn't help but laugh and smile at them. They get along so well. I look at beau and play with him. I look back up and hailey was still tickling Tate.

John's pov

I was in my office when I heard screaming and laughing so I went to go check it out and I saw hailey chasing tate and I saw kayce and beau laying on the blanket and he was playing with beau. I saw the way kayce looked at hailey. I looked at hailey and tate and Hailey was tickling Tate and he was laughing and screaming.

"Ok ok I call truce" Tate says laughing

Hailey stops ticking tate and they walk back over to kayce and beau. Hailey looked at me and smiles and waves at me.

" hey John why don't you come join us" hailey say . " yea grandpa come join us please" tate says. " yea come on dad it will be fun" kayce says. " ok ok I'm coming" I say

I walk off the porch and walk over to them and sit on the blanket and we are all talking and smiling. Kayce can't seem to take his eyes off hailey. I saw how he looked at her. He looked at her the way I use to look at my wife.

" hey kayce can I talk to you real fast" I say and get up. " sure dad" kayce says. " we will be right back" I say

Me and kayce walk over to the porch and I look at hailey and Tate and beau then at kayce.

" you like her don't you" I say. " I don't know what your talking about" kayce says " I saw the way you look at her" I say " ok fine I do like her but I'm afraid I'm gonna get hurt again dad and I don't want Tate getting hurt because he already likes her did you see how she got him laughing I haven't heard him laugh in a long time dad" kayce says " I know son and I don't think she would hurt y'all I mean look how she is with Tate" I say look at hailey and Tate

Me and kayce look over at Tate and hailey and hailey was helping Tate hold beau and Tate was looking at beau and hailey was smiling down at both of them and then she looked up at us and smiled.

" I think your right dad" kayce says

We walk back over to them and sit back down. Kayce looks at hailey then looks at Tate. We all eat and hailey feeds beau.